What is NUiT App?
It’s pretty straight forward: NUiT is an LGBTQ+ friendly dating app that uses astrology to find your most compatible match. NUiT provides personality reports, birth charts, your level of compatibility with another user, as well as relationship advice. While most users are looking for a relationship, others can use it to find something casual, a friendship, or even a lifelong partner.
It was founded by Natalie Frangi and fully launched in 2018, so it’s been around a few years. Given how big mainstream astrology has become the past few years, I feel like it’s here to stay!
Is NUiT legit?
NUiT is definitely a legit dating app, though it may be frustrating at first if you find no users in your area. That was the only thing that really stuck out to me, but once I expanded my distance filter (even though it included people within 150 miles from me) I was able to see people within 3 miles from me.
To add to the legitimacy, it has a pretty decent rating of 3.6 out of 181 ratings, and was featured in
as one of the best astrology based dating apps!
The tl;dr on the NUiT astrology dating app
There's some interesting things I picked up while checking out the NUiT app. These included:
You can “Star” someone on NUiT:
Starring someone lets them know that you like them without having to send them a message, aka, connection request.
See someone’s birth chart:
Click on this to find out more about a person's positive and negative traits, rising sign, and birth chart placements! If you’re already into astrology, this is like the window to the soul.
How to delete NUiT app:
Deleting the NUiT app is super easy and can be done in just a few steps:
- Tap on your profile
- Click on settings
- Scroll allllll the way down til you see "Delete Account"
- Confirm that you want to delete your account and leave some feedback if ya want
Is NUiT app free?
From what I can see,
is free! It’s pretty incredible. My guess is they wanna get more users on before implementing a paid tier.
Can I hide myself on NUiT?
Yep, you have the option in “Settings” under “Hide me from explore.” This allows you to chat with your connections but you’ll be incognito otherwise! You can also turn off your “Active” status if you’d like.
Is there a NUiT app to use?
Yep! You can download either the iOS or Android version, but FYI there is no option to sign on from a desktop.
What’s the sign up process like for NUiT?
Signing up with NUiT was super easy with only 6 steps! Here's what it involved:
1. NUiT gives the standard ways of signing up for the app: Email address, Apple ID, or FB. This may be different for Android, since I’m an Apple girly through and through.
2. Next, I fill out my name, username, and a quick rant (oops, I mean BIO) about myself.
3. Then I fill in some info about me such as my gender, orientation, what I'm here for, and who I'm interested in looking for. NUiT does admit that their gender selection is limited, but they are working on it. To their credit though, NUiT has a decent selection for orientation including:
*Sidenote - There is an option to not view or be viewed by straight people if you choose any other orientation besides straight which is EXTREMELY convenient for the LGBTQ+ community!
4. Time to drop some pics in!
5. This is where it starts to get fun and different from other apps! I add where I'm born, my DOB, time of birth, and how much I know about astrology.
I read the terms and policies, confirm that I read them, and click on "agree & continue.”
🚨 I actually read the terms of service (I know, I'm a dork) but I'm glad I did because under the 9th term, section C, the NUiT app mentions that they have the right to "use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify, and distribute" any content that I post.
BTW, the point of that term is for me to sign off saying that
I'm not the one
infringing/violating the rights of a third party? Sounds a lil’ suss to me, but I'm not planning on getting too racy on an astro site, so I'll keep going - but you've been warned.
I was like, how is that possible since I didn't get to even choose my preferences yet? I live in NYC, so finding someone shouldn't be that hard! Yet, I didn't see any results until I switched the distance to the maximum amount, aka "the universe.”
NOW I see my first potential in the main feed! I see his sun, moon, and rising sign, along with his name and age. I have no clue where he lives yet - but at least I know that if I swipe up on the pic, I pass on him, while swiping down will show me our compatibility.
For my next stop, let’s check out profile customizations and then how NUiT matches you.
What can you customize on your NUiT profile?
Not a lot tbh! It’s pretty much whatever was in the NUiT app sign up flow.
You’re able to customize the usual stuff like a short bio, your gender, what gender you’re interested in exploring, sexual orientation, what you’re here for (like long-term dating!) and how much astrology knowledge you have. For the sexual orientation and what you’re here for, you can choose to show it publicly or not. Win for NUiT!
You can also add what you love about astrology, your current relationship status, job title, etc.
What are the search capabilities for the NUiT App?
I could change my preferences to show me different users depending on the ranges I picked. I was able to filter by:
- Sexual orientation/who you’re interested in.
- Zodiac sign, obvi!
- And you can teleport to other locations as well. Similar to
That’s pretty much it! Since everything is focused on astrological compatibility, there aren’t a ton of filters.
What’s astrological compatibility & matching like on NUiT!?
Ok, you know I never go into THIS much detail but it was really cool and unique, so I couldn’t let you down in this NUiT app review!
Once you click into someone who is a potential match, you can see your “compatibility.”
It’ll show you a neat little visual like this:
Sorry, potential match! Looks like it’s all biz and friendship for us, with zip zero nada magnetism. According to astrology anyway! Wanna start a business together?!
You can also see the individual scores for things like kindness and supportiveness, which is nice!
Wow, our creativity and intuitive compatibility looks so sad. 😢Next up, my profile!
Free and paid subscriptions for the NUiT App
This is the most recent app I have come across that has NO paid options when it comes to either purchasing a subscription or in-app features. I actually liked the idea of not having a paid option because it makes everyone equal and on the same playing field.
Features for the free NUiT dating app account
There were some fun features on NUiT that I use for no 💵at all! Here's what they were:
- Send and receive connection requests (basically chat/message).
- Star those I really liked and get starred by others.
- Send gifs, pics, and videos.
- Keep up with connections in the “My NUiT” tab.
- Receive my horoscope daily, along with “traits” for the day’s planetary energy.
- Ability to see the basic and advanced version of your own birth chart!
- Compatibility with others (which I showed you earlier.)
- Search filters, and the ability to teleport to other areas for more potentials.
As I mentioned, you also get access to this beautiful lil’ section for your daily traits/energy, birth chart (beginner AND advanced) and the horoscope, similar to Pattern. Wanna see?! Good, cause I’m excited to show you.
First up, my horoscope:
Followed by the “Traits” tab. This one shows you what to expect on the daily depending on the planetary alignments! Love it. It’s also a good way to see if luck is on your side when looking at matches. 👀
Then, here’s the basic and advanced charts! First up, basic:
(FYI, I’m not a nervous gossiper, I swear 😓)
Aaaaaand the advanced one:
Is there a paid subscription for NUiT dating app?
Tbh, I couldn't find a paid tier! There also no extra paid add on options such as boosting your profile, sending a like, etc. Not that I'm complaining, because that means ALL the features are free!
What sets NUiT apart from other dating apps?
BESIDES PRETTY GORGEOUS AF?!?!
The whole idea of making matches based on my horoscope sign definitely sets this app apart from the rest for me. Here's what else stood out about the NUiT app:
- NUiT currently hosts more women than men (score!!)
- The Teleport option lets you explore users from other regions and different parts of the world.
- It highlights your strengths and weaknesses so you know what to focus on with your potential and what you need to work on.
- It gives you access to a free basic/advanced birth chart!
- It also lets you see compatibility with different matches from an astrological perspective. I’ve only seen this on Pattern.
What were the pros and cons of the NUiT dating app?
NUiT had things I really liked, and things that it could improve on, as do many other dating apps. Below are the things that stood out when going over the pros and cons of NUiT:
What I liked about the NUiT app
There were plenty of things for me to like about the NUiT app, including:
- Beautiful layout.
- There's the option to "hide" from straight people if you want.
- You can block users that you don't feel comfortable speaking with.
- The whole niche/premise around using astrology for matching.
- It’s inclusivity.
- Being able to see how your traits align as a match!
What I didn't like about the NUiT app
As much as I enjoyed this app, there were a few cons that stood out to me. Here's what they were:
- Lack of users in my area - even though I live in NYC - I had to set my distance to the "Universe" in order to see users.
- Some NUiT app reviews mention inaccuracy over the placement of houses in the birth charts, but NUiT responded by saying that their app "is based on Western Tropical Astrology and uses the Placidus House system which may be the reason why there is a difference in the house placements."
- While NUiT encourages you to validate your email address, it is not a requirement, which means there could be false profiles on there.
- You can’t really engage in various ways like you can with other dating sites. So no winks, nudges, etc.
- I wasn’t wild about the terms of service clause about having the rights to use whatever content is on the app – ie, yours. If that bothers you, this may not be for you!
So, final thoughts for my NUiT app review?
After using it for a bit, here’s where I am on NUiT. I really loved the concept here of using astrology to find matches, and once I got over the hurdle of finding out how to see matches in my area, I had a lot of luck and had some really interesting convos!
I also loved how I didn't feel as pressured to jump right into dating lingo and could gradually get to know someone instead. I think it would be really interesting to see more dating apps like NUiT that focus on building a spiritual connection together first, rather than one solely based on looks. Even if humans are complicated and can’t be distilled down to their astro or traits with nuance, knowing what kind of connection we
have before chatting was great.
Was it one of the
best dating sites? I def think it has room to grow but I loooooooved using it, so I’m hopeful it’ll expand in the future. All in all, NUiT left me with stars in my eyes! And a spunky lil’ Aquarius I’m still chatting with. ;)
Now that you’re through my NUiT review, if you wanna explore some other ones I did in the LGBTQ+ space, here you go! 💋
Visit Nuit App