Who is OutPersonals app for?
OutPersonals is a place where people of all different sexualities can mingle and meet people from all over the world. It's mostly used for casual dating/hook ups, so you might be (will
be) disappointed if you're looking for a long-term relationship. Although OutPersonals caters to gay men, OutPersonals dating is also for:
With bisexuals being on there, it seems promising so far. I wasn’t sure if I would have to rope a friend into being a “couple” with me if that was the only option besides men, lol!
Is Outpersonals.com legit?
This one is a toughy for me, because obvi it's a legit, working dating site that people do use, but it doesn't seem to be
legit as the other widely known websites. I actually couldn't find an OutPersonals app when I tried to download it - only the desktop version or a mobile version of the site. After digging around, I did find an iOS app linked from the site that didn’t work anymore.
While that isn’t a red flag in and of itself because some other dating sites I’ve reviewed lacked one, it makes it kiiiinda inconvenient.
When I was looking at some OutPersonals reviews, they mentioned the lack of users for certain areas and also the lack of help with customer support. I live in NYC, so I didn't have the same problem of not finding users, and I didn't have issues with the paid member subscription so I couldn't comment on the customer support.
My best advice here is to use the free version as extensively as possible and do your research before paying up.
The tl;dr on OutPersonals.com
OutPersonals has been around for awhile, yet seems to have the least amount of info for those interested in using this app. Here's some interesting things I could dig up on OutPersonals:
What is OutPersonals chat?
You can invite others or be invited yourself to join private chats with other members. You also have the option to enter a webcam chatroom.
Is there a free OutPersonals
Yes, there is!
How to delete OutPersonals account:
To cancel an account go to:
- Your username in the right hand corner.
- Click “Our Account.”
- Scroll down to manage account
- Click on close account
Make sure you turn off auto-renewal first! Otherwise you may forget and get charged.
What's a hotlist?
Play the "hot or not game" to view pics and give a thumbs up or down. Those that get a thumbs up, get added to your hotlist for you to view later.
Is OutPersonals only for gay men?
We’re about to find out, aren’t we!? According to my friend, there are members who have varied sexual preferences, so couples or women could
find someone to hook up with here. It does seem predominantly male though.
Is there an OutPersonals mobile app?
I mentioned this a bit earlier, but I couldn’t find one! There was one you could download off their site for iOS (under the name All FriendFinder 🤔) and a mobile version, but no dedicated app. Sigh.
What was the OutPersonals sign up & registration process like?
I could only sign up via desktop as I couldn't find an OutPersonals mobile app in the app store. My first impression was "what decade am I in?" No app, a sign up process that looks like an old pop-up ad, and an out-dated registration form, but hey, I'm a firm believer in that saying "oldie but goodie", so let's hope this is a goodie!
1. The first two pages of the signup process were easy and straightforward: select my gender/relationship status, who I'm looking for, my DOB, some info about myself and a few other quick questions. For full access to OutPersonals, your intro title must have at least 2 sentences in it, so no “I like late night walks on the beach…” here!
One thing to note though is that there is no option to choose female as my gender, so I'm choosing bi couple - this is the first time I'm seeing female not included as a gender option, which is…interesting (also slightly concerning that my friend must think I'm a man LOL. Kidding.)
3. After I fill in my answers…I'm taken to…umm…some kind of old school confirmation page (I'm beginning to feel slightly more concerned about my friend…what happened to all the cute and fun features? Why do I feel like I took a wrong turn somewhere?).
3. Then, I was dropped into my main feed. I'm taking a look at it and wondering what I did in my dating life to make the algo gods hate me…how is everyone mostly in their 50's and 60's…and even 77?
I don't mind dating someone older, but to date someone 54 years older than me is not great - tho I def give him credit for putting himself out there. When I clicked on the other tabs, the results were slightly better, but not by much.
ALSO! Please note all the “naughty photo” thumbnails here. Remember what I mentioned before. If you’re not up for a NSFW experience then this dating site may not be for you.
On the homepage, you can also see an activity feed where people publish thirst traps or posts to connect with others:
Speaking of, OutPersonals allows you to change your content filter so you can have more PG stuff in your feed if you want:
What are the search capabilities for OutPersonals?
I was impressed by the search options I had with the free membership. Here were a few different things I could filter by:
- Age (Yes!!! This fixed my issue of only seeing dating options that were 50+.)
- Online now.
- Filter by pic only.
- Membership level of the user.
- Verified members.
Is Outpersonals.com free?
Heck yes! You get to check out Outpersonals.com for absolutely nothing, and then if you like what you're getting, you can make the plunge to a paid subscription.
Free vs. paid subscriptions for OutPersonals
OutPersonals has a free/basic membership where you can check out the site to see if it's worth investing in. Though you get limited use with the free version, there is enough for you to get a good grasp on the site. What's the difference between the free vs. paid subscriptions? Time to find out!
Free features for OutPersonals
I was genuinely surprised at what I could do for free! Here's just a sample:
- Have access to a wide array of search filters.
- Search by username.
- Add a blogpost.
- Check out and participate in groups.
- Use chat rooms.
- Play Hot or Not! Hooray!
- Access to OutPersonals magazine, which seems more like erotic literature than… a magazine?
- Webcams/livestreaming access
- Ability to filter for the content you want to see.
A few images of the features above (since they’ll speak way better than words):
Here’s what Groups looked like. I blurred out some choice words so I didn’t assault your eyes with them!
And here is a snapshot of the webcam feature (you can both watch, or broadcast!)
Last up, here’s what the chatrooms look like. I told you, it feels like the 90s!
Features & cost of the Gold OutPersonals membership
I have the option to upgrade from standard to Gold membership where I could pay by the month, quarterly, or annually. The cost of the Gold membership was pretty reasonable at,
- 12 months at $10/month
- 3 months at $16.65/month
- 1 month at $29.95 if you just wanna explore!
Additionally, here’s what you’re able to get between Standard (the free one) and Gold (paid).
By upgrading to the Gold tier, I could have access to:
- Racy pics.
- Broadcasts (I was able to join livestreams though with the free account so…)
- Sending emails.
- Sending “flirts”
- Reading full profiles (?! This is a weird paid feature. Normally this is free.)
- Send friend requests.
- Get priority customer service.
All in all, it seems that you’ll wanna try a Gold OutPersonals membership if you’re curious and want a better chance at connecting with someone (or a couple!)
What sets OutPersonals apart from other dating sites?
OutPersonals may not seem updated, but there is a lot going on with the site. Here's what stood out to me about this dating site:
- Live webcam: You can view webcams of models/users. Tbh, I'm not sure what the difference is between models and users. 🤔
- Adult chat rooms: You can pick based on interest or region.
- Send an IM to a user. (This is beginning to sound like AOL between the chat rooms and IMs, lol.)
- It has a lot of extra content, like the OutPersonals magazine, blogs, groups, etc. It reminded me of when I did my
Heated Affairs review
(which may actually be a better fit for you if this doesn’t seem appealing and you’re looking for some flirty fun.)
What did I like about OutPersonals?
OutPersonals is kinda like my fave dress: reliable, gets the job done, but a lil outdated. Yet, there are still certain qualities that kept me coming back for more. Here's what they were:
- Easy, straightforward signup process.
- Lots of ways to communicate with other users.
- The amount of things I can do for free.
- Webcams made it fun and visual.
- Hot or Not style swiping!
What didn't I like about OutPersonals?
There were a few things that didn't really land well with me, such as:
- Outdated layout - and no app?
- Lack of customer support - there were a few OutPersonals reviews I saw that mentioned this also.
- It had a very 90's feel to it - webcams, chatrooms, IMs?
- Also, my friend was totally wrong. This absolutely
So, final thoughts for my OutPersonals review?
My final thought is to never accept dating app advice from my friend! LOL, but all jokes aside, it is a pretty decent dating app, just maybe not for women since it's very testosterone heavy. Part of me is convinced he had me sign up just for funsies, but maybe he and his girlfriend had a much easier time finding people as a legit couple.
If you’re NSFW sensitive and DO NOT want d*ck pics on your feed, livestream, or in your IMs, then avoid this. But if you’re open to a more spicy, racy type of dating website, give it a shot!
Also, due to the lack of updates, this may be better for someone who is older and doesn't mind logging onto a desktop to check out their profile.
So, I may spend another week or two on it, but I think I’m the wrong target audience for it. Fingers crossed I can have some fun in the meantime, though!