📝First, what is Taimi?
Taimi is a mashup between a dating app, community safe haven, and social media platform that provides a warm and welcoming environment. The Taimi dating app is extremely inclusive and is used widely by the LGBTQ+ community. It's great for singles who are looking for something serious, something casual, or even a friendship.
Is the Taimi app legit?
Let's just say that Taimi didn't get popular by being fake! It's safe to say this site is as legit as it gets. It launched in 2017, so Taimi has a good few years worth of experience and has acquired a ton of members during that time frame. On its site, they mention 18 million + users and being available in 138 countries!
The Taimi app reviews are also pretty awesome with a 4.4 rating on the Apple App Store, and a 4.3 rating on Google Play.
The TL;DR on the Taimi app
Taimi is an interactive app that can be used for so much more than just dating. There is a lot to explore with this app, but my Taimi review helps break it down for you so you have an idea of what to expect. Let's dive right in!
How to delete Taimi account: There are a few steps to this, so I'll make it quick and easy:
- Open up your app and sign in (obvi, I know, but throwing it in there just in case).
- Click on your profile icon (lower right corner) and go to Settings (top right corner).
- Scroll down until you see the Account section.
- Choose "Deactivate Account" and pick the reason why you're deactivating Taimi.
- Tap on "Delete Account" at the bottom of the screen and you no longer exist in the Taimi-verse! Boom.
How to cancel Taimi subscription: Spoiler alert: uninstalling the app does not cancel your subscription! If you really wanna take the lazy route, you could contact Taimi through the Live Support Chat on the app or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orrrr, you could be a grown-up and do it yourself! Here's how:
- Open up the app and go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you see "Cancel Subscription" and give it a good tap.
- Enter your password for confirmation.
- Choose why you're canceling.
- Click “Cancel Subscription" again and wave goodbye! 👋
Can I temporarily hide my Taimi app profile? Yep, there’s something called “Stealth Mode” where you can temporarily deactivate your account so you’re hidden from Discovery mode. To do this,
- Open the Taimi app.
- Go to your Profile (which is the last icon in the bottom menu).
- Tap the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down to the "Account" section and tap "Delete Account"
- Tap "Enable Stealth Mode."
How do I know if my message has been read on Taimi? Taimi uses ticks to show you if your message has been read or delivered:
- If your message has one ✔️, it's been delivered.
- If your message has two ✔️✔️, it's been read.
Is Taimi free to use? Yep, there’s a freebie version!
Is there an app for Taimi? Yes – and only an app. No desktop version available here, sorry bbs.
What's a Taimi card? This is a term the app uses to refer to the swiping feature when looking at people's pics.
Is there a Taimi app to use?
Yep! Just like most dating apps nowadays, there's a Taimi app to take your dating on the go.
The app is really pleasing to use, as it's sleek, easy to use, and colorful. A few of my favorite things! There are also a lot of Taimi dating app reviews on Trust Pilot that testify just how good the app is (and the customer service!).
Plus, it's the #9 top grossing social app on Google Play - color me impressed!
What's the sign up process for Taimi like?
The sign up process for Taimi was quick and easy - just how I like ‘em! Believe it or not, my glass of wine was still (pretty much) full by the time I was a registered user!
First things first, I choose how I want to sign into Taim. I have the usual suspects here: Apple, Facebook, or phone #.
I chose to sign up with my phone # and entered in my digits.
After I submit my #, I verify to make sure it's me by entering a code sent to my phone.
Then I enter my name… the world's about to know who I am! (or at least the Taimi app users… SORRY NOT SORRY.)
I scroll through the dates so my profile can show my age, and this is the only thing others will see - not my birthday.
Next up, choosing gender identity. There are a few diff options to choose from!
AND I can add more about my gender, which I love!!
When it comes to saying what my sexuality is, there were a ton of different ways to say it. Or, I could choose to not say anything at all. I can also change this at any time.
There are a lot of options when it comes to dating prefs, including an option to be open to everyone!
I love picking out my interests, and the Taimi dating app gives plenty to choose from! I'm digging the fact that I can choose 3 or more. Most apps usually max out after 3-6.
Now I get to do one of my fave things: brag about ME! Love how there's tips in case I get writer's block - hey, it happens to the best of us.
Time to pick out my glam shots! They require a minimum of two. Unless the app differs depending on whether you're using a tablet or phone, I wasn't given the option to choose pics from my gallery and instead had to use the camera (not a huge fan of that).
Next, I can choose my age range preferences as well as distance. There's a note that says I can't date anyone less than 7 years younger than me, which may or may not be illegal btw, so yay for safety! This is the final step. After this, you get a brief tutorial but I got yelled at for taking a screenshot by the app so I can’t share it.
The main feed happens to be people's pics, so naturally I couldn't take any pics here either (Taimi's rules, not mine) due to safety reasons. I’ve noticed this on other LGBTQ+ apps like HER, and I appreciate the discretion on their parts. It does make it hard for me to share things with my girlies though…
How does matches and search work on the Taimi dating app?
It's important to note that members don't search for matches on the Taimi app, they're just shown to you by the algorithm gods, similar to Tinder. What you can do though, is tweak your preferences to show you more compatible options if you're not happy with the choices you've been seeing.
If you prefer to narrow down your search results to make your online dating experience easier (like me!), then you'll be doing your happy dance when you see the options:
If you're a basic (free) member, you can filter by:
- Location (range of 51-200 miles).
- Age (18-80).
- Sexual orientation of the person you're looking for (intersex, trans female/trans male, female/male, non-binary).
- Type of relationship you want (friendship, relationship, date partner, etc).
If you're a premium member, you get the filters mentioned above as well as:
- Location (range of 5-50 miles)
- Spot search
- Body type
If you want to change your search preferences that you picked when you were first signing up, you can do that by:
- Going to your profile on Taimi
- Clicking on "preferences" below your name
- Tapping "apply" to save your new prefs
So, is Taimi free to use?
I'm sure it wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't! The Taimi app is completely free to join, but you may want to purchase a subscription or in-app items to get the most out of your dating situation. I’ll share the deets for the free features of the Taimi dating app in the next section.
Features of the free vs. Premium Taimi subscriptions
Everyone loves a good freebie, but what if that freebie is really, really good? Well then, you can upgrade your account to be a paying member so you can enjoy all the goodies you've liked and more! Not sure if it's worth it? Check out the differences before you judge too quickly.
Taimi free features
The free tier is perfect for giving Taimi a test run. Here's what's included for no cost at all:
- Match with other users (also called a matchup).
- Messaging w/some limits.
- Host or join a live stream.
- Join interest based communities.
Taimi Premium features for Bronze, Silver & Gold
The paid tier sets you up like the VIP that you are! Upgrade your membership to get everything in the free tier andddd:
- See who visited your profile.
- Endless likes.
- Get noticed faster and with better matches.
- Advanced search/match preferences.
- Custom location.
If you've exhausted your free membership and are ready to spice things up, try one of the three premium packages that Taimi offers - Bronze, Silver, or Gold. I was given some fancy new-member prices so if I was gonna indulge on a yearly subscription, now would be the time at 31% off.
The pricing is pretty confusing though with this app, and this is a good example. Which tier am I paying for with these great prices?
The cheapest option is the Taimi Bronze, which starts at $1.99/week. With this tier, I get more activity on my profile, and 1 Rainbow like a week. A “Rainbow Like” is a super special one that gets you enhanced visibility. It’s similar to a “Boost” on other dating platforms.
Starting at $6.99/week I could get:
- The ability to view all incoming likes.
- 3 rainbow likes a week.
- A throwback a week.
- A weekly Taimi boost.
Taimi Gold starts at $14.99 a week! You get everything that you get with the other two tiers, plus:
- Meet people from all over the world with Taimi Explore.
- See who views your profile (over and over and over again!)
- Advanced search/match filters.
- Send unblurred likes.
What sets the Taimi app apart?
Taimi creates a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community to be themselves without being harassed, bullied, or judged. It's a great alternative to CIS-HET dating apps and provides a platform centered around dating fluidity. Besides doing a great job of implementing that concept, here's what else sets Taimi apart from other apps:
Rainbow like: A premium feature that increases your chances of being matched to the person you sent it to.
Discussions: A message board type environment (think Reddit) where you can post, comment, and like on just about any topic.
Live stream: Connect and share experiences with other users in real-time.
Communities: A place where you can browse free info including LGBTQ+ events, news, articles, and more.
Best of everything: The Taimi app blends all the worlds together with a platform for dating, social media, and social networking.
Match to chat: You have to match with someone to chat, which eliminates random messages sliding into your DMs.
24/7 help for the app, or personal issues: They have customer support available 24/7 for issues with the app, or if you’re experiencing a personal problem and need someone to talk to. This helps keep mental health front and center!
No screenshots: Privacy is front and center by not allowing screenshots of the feed or people to be taken. Love this for them (and us!)
Pros and cons of the Taimi dating app
There's a lot to like about Taimi, but there are a few minor setbacks. Just like any dating app, there's good and not-so-great qualities that Taimi has to offer. Let's find out what they are!
What I liked about Taimi
Besides being an inclusive app for the LGBTQ+ community, other pros of Taimi include:
- A library of dating tips, content and info for LGBTQ+ members.
- An option to do a one-week free trial.
- Several different ways to connect with other users via live streaming, community, etc.
- Stealth mode, in case you need a break but don’t want to delete your account.
- Can’t take screenshots in the app! Hello, privacy.
What I didn't like about Taimi
There were a few minor downfalls to the Taimi app. Some of them were:
- No desktop version - (is this really a con though? Who still uses the desktop version anymore? LOL)
- Some Taimi app reviews mention that the app crashes quite often due to updates having bugs.
- Other app reviews talk about a lack of customer support and advise that they only respond if the question involves upgrading your account, which is opposite what they claim on their site.
- Even though I listed this as something that sets it apart, only being able to message once matched may be a con for you. I didn’t mind it as much, but it does make it a bit frustrating.
So, final thoughts for my Taimi app review?
I really enjoyed the inclusivity of this app and that I could use Taimi for more than just scoring a date. They really focus on privacy, safety and community building. The Taimi app reviews I was reading about customer service was kind of a bummer, but they were pretty quick when I asked a general account question.
I didn’t want to share any personal info so I didn’t reach out about anything else, though.
As far as glitches or app issues,I didn't experience any, but not being able to add pics from my phone gallery was a bummer! Somewhat impressive from a safety standpoint though because it encourages fresh ones. All in all, a great app - well done Taimi!