What is Fetish.com and who is it for?
Even though the name pretty much set up my expectations, I still wondered what (and who) is Fetish.com for? Being new to the BDSM, kink, and fetish scene, I'm still in my exploration phase. I'm a gal with an open mind, but it's hard to know what I'm interested in when there's so much I don't know!
What I learned when putting together my Fetish.com dating site review is that this is more than just a dating site. Sure, there are plenty of people looking to connect with a special someone (or someones 😉) but it's also all about creating a cool online space for the BDSM, kink, and fetish community. That includes having tons of learning resources for people like me who are just starting to check things out!
When I was checking out the Fetish.com app and website, I never felt like I was in over my head which was refreshing. And tbh, the branding they use for it is so much fun that it's hard to feel anything other than excited to give it a try!
Is Fetish.com legit to use?
My first experience with this kind of dating site left me feeling optimistic but unsure. After starting my Fetish.com review, though, I feel like I'm totally on board!
First impressions?? Fetish.com felt updated, welcoming, and had really cute branding that took the edge off while figuring out where I fit in! IDK what I was expecting but overall the website looked super welcoming and not out of place compared to any other mainstream dating site I've reviewed!
That doesn't mean I didn't have a few concerns tho. The sign up process is simple (more on that in a bit) but it also meant there were almost no verification barriers to stop bots or spam users from joining! I'd checked out a couple other Fetish.com reviews and even though I think they were too harsh, I could see why that might be ref flag-y to them.
Even though my experience felt pretty legit, it doesn't hurt to be extra cautious when you know verification isn't involved!
As a side note, you can explore a lot of the community features without signing up! You'll need to sign up if you wanna write to someone, but you can check out the “Fetish Chat” to see what people are writing about.
The tl;dr on Fetish.com
There's A LOT happening at Fetish.com so I'll give you the tl;dr version since I know some of you are ready to dive in:
- Fetish.com feels like it brings the BDSM and kink communities into the world of mainstream dating and info. I liked that it didn't make me feel like I was looking at anything secretive! It's nice and inclusive.
- The Fetish.com app and site feel legit, even if some other Fetish.com reviews disagreed. Stay smart and be cautious who you talk with just like any other site and you'll be fine bb! I had to ignore some messages but the majority were good.
- There are 18+ images on the Fetish.com site (aka, NSFW!) but they're locked behind age verification via a paid subscription, so you're not gonna run into them without a warning or purposefully seeking them out. Also, isn't that kinda expected here??
- Fetish.com has a ton of features that make it just like any other modern dating site including my personal favorite — a “Hot or Not” style game.
- They're def aiming to be more than just a dating site. Fetish.com is also built to serve as a safe space for the entire BDSM/kink community. There are lots of educational resources, event and location listings, and forums for people to connect whether you're new to the scene (like me!) or already into it.
What is fetish chat?: Fetish chat is a cool feature of the Fetish.com dating site where you can mix and mingle with others online! There are general chat rooms or you can take things super secret and private. It reminded me of AOL chat rooms and I was kinda into it! They're moderated too so it's a safe space for everyone.
What kinks is Fetish.com best for?: Ummm almost all the things!? Fetish.com is pretty inclusive, but def geared toward the BDSM side of things. The Fetish.com search feature allows you to include kinks in your filters which is awesome! The main ones I saw were types of sex (oral and anal), toys, submission and domination, spanking, blindfolds, and nipple play. It's a lengthy list but still didn't include some kinks I had expected to see like a foot fetish, water sports, etc.
Can newbies join Fetish.com?: Def — I'm living proof! Fetish.com is for everyone and makes it clear that everyone is welcome. It's free to join too so you can check out the educational resources and stuff to decide for yourself if you want to start a paid membership and try more!
How to delete Fetish.com account: Deleting a Fetish.com account is simple! Hover over your profile pic in the upper right corner then click Settings. On that screen, you can scroll down to Account Settings and click My Membership. They offered me a free 7-day trial to keep me on board since I was a new free member, buuuuut you can easily decline and choose between deactivating and permanently deleting a Fetish.com account in a couple clicks! Who would decline 7 free days tho!?
Is Fetish.com app free to use?: Yes. bb! There are actually a lot of free features you can use, and the Fetish.com app is free to use too. That said, if you're into really experiencing all the site offers, you'll need to upgrade to a paid membership. You can download the app, called FET, for iOS and Android!
Is there a paid membership for Fetish.com?: There are actually two Fetish.com paid membership levels: Premium and VIP! Both give you an ad-free experience plus tons of new features to try like uploading videos and watching livestreams. VIP members are also featured at the top of search results and highlighted in inboxes. Take your pick!
Is Fetish.com just for dating?: Def not. There's plenty of opportunities to meet people for dating or casual fun, but Fetish.com is also an educational resource for BDSM and kink lifestyles, plus has community boards and forums for you to engage with others! It's also got event notices and listings for local kink-positive venues like bars and clubs.
What's “Quick Kink” on Fetish.com?!: “Quick Kink” is to let their algo gods do the work! You select what you're interested in and it will work its magic. Quick Kink is avail for free accounts, but you're limited to 50 “Spanks” to let someone know you're interested. If you wanna send more Spanks you'll have to be a paid member!
Is there a Fetish.com app to use?
There is! It's not called Fetish.com tho so it's easiest to download it using the link on the site. The Fetish.com app is called FET and has all the same super cute branding to help you discover the fetish universe. 👀 (Their words, not mine!!)
Some Fetish.com review posts I read said the app was only for iOS but that's not true! Blue bubble baddies and Android users unite cause you can get the FET app from the iOS App Store or Google Play.
Still with me or did you dash off to download the app!? 😉Let's chat about the Fetish.com sign up process so you know what to expect. Real talk: it was soooooo easy!
How's the Fetish.com sign up process?
If you've read some of my other dating reviews, you know I stan an easy sign up process. I'm a fan of it being quick so I can dive in but also having enough verification parts that I feel safe using the site.
The fun images and branding for Fetish.com had me ready to sign up immediately. Easiest part!? I could get started right on the homepage and it was only a super easy one-pager after that. 👇
- Email, password, and gender: Right on the homepage, it's got a few simple spaces for you to fill out and get started. Since it's a BDSM and kink site, I was hoping it would be inclusive, and Fetish.com didn't disappoint!! When it came to the gender options, it had male and female but also asked about trans, non-binary, and even an option to say you're a couple. (Okay that last one isn't a gender, buuuuut I appreciated that they included the swingers and polyamorous peeps, too.)
- Name, date of birth, location, and what you're looking for: Here they gave me options for what I was looking for. It had a list of everything from friends and kinky dates to LTRs, swingers, and cybersex! So even if I wasn't ready to slide into the BDSM dating works, I could chat with friends instead.
- Confirm your email: I appreciate that the Fetish.com dating site had me verify my email because some sites don't! I know it's not the most difficult hurdle for bots or spammers to overcome, but it gave me confidence that they're keeping as many users as possible legit.
- Special offer for paid membership: Usually I wouldn't include this as part of the sign up process, but Fetish.com makes this unavoidable! I love a good deal, but wanted to check out the site more before I was ready to commit to a paid membership. Plus, I wouldn't be able to tell you if the free site was good or not first! You have to select a reason if you decline, but I felt like they were pretty open about it and they included being curious as one of the options. Phew.
That was it! Seriously, that's probably one of the easiest dating site sign up processes I've ever come across and it still included an email verification step which made me feel a bit better about the safety! Maybe kinky people are efficient and to the point.
I will say, it was a little diff from my usual experiences given I didn't have to put in a profile pic (or even have the option to) before I was in, but I think that's partly because Fetish.com isn't just a dating site. Since it's also a community board and educational resource, I think they allow your anonymity until you decide you want to share your face with other users.
How does Fetish.com work after you're logged in?
One of the first things I did when I finished the Fetish.com sign up process was add a pic of my beautiful face!! I didn't want people thinking I was a weird anon profile, so I grabbed my favorite dating profile pic and added it using the thumbnail in the upper right corner of the page.
While I was in my profile settings, I took a look at the privacy options they offer cause I was curious! They've got lots of options letting you limit who sees your last 6 profile visitors, if your profile can be seen by search engines, and if people have to be members (or logged in) to see your profile. All-in-all, I felt like they really made it customizable to fit your level of comfort!
Of course I went through and put the lock on EVERYTHING I could.
From there, you can search for members, use something called “Quick Kink” and check out all the community features.
What kinks and fetishes is Fetish.com best for?
Being named Fetish.com, I expected to find a super long list of kinks and fetishes on every list! Even tho I'm new to the scene and not super up-to-date with everything, I did notice that some of the ones I expected to see were conspicuously missing?! Maybe they're not kinky enough or too mainstream?
Or maybe some of them need a little more guidance than the site wanted to take any liability on? I dunno, but I got the vibe that Fetish.com was a little more aimed mostly at the dom/sub roles, impact play, and different types of sex (oral, anal, etc.).
The kinks and fetishes Fetish.com seems best for seemed to be:
- Oral and anal sex.
- Toys and vibrators.
- Domination and submission.
- Nipple play.
There's an extra section where you can describe yourself that included other options like:
- Rope bunny.
- Brat or brat tamer. (This was a new one for me!)
- Degrader or degradee.
They also had “vanilla” on the list, but I'm not sure why that was on Fetish.com when things like a foot fetish or water sports weren't. 🤔 To each their own (and you know I'm not judging!!), but I looked it up and foot kink is one of the most common kinks out there. They also didn't have kink and fetish options like “daddy” or “age play” (which okaaaay — maybe I get that one from an 18+ liability standpoint?)
Anyway, if you're into some of the more…intense (?!)...kinks and fetishes like impact play and sensory deprivation, then the Fetish.com app and site are great for you!
Fetish.com educational resources
One of my fave parts of Fetish.com is their educational features! The site isn't just for dating, it's also meant for community building and shining a light on how fun (and safe!) fetishes and BDSM can be. The first thing on the community forum was a newbie's guide to BDSM, kink, and fetish! Tbh, it couldn't have been more perfect.
The educational BDSM community part of Fetish.com also includes a Safe For Work (SFW) Kink Academy that is strictly educational and moderated to keep it a safe space – finally, something I can read at work! Some of the threads I saw were super useful like “Tips to Vet a Dom” and “Can a Submissive Be Too Submissive?” There were others I was less in-the -know about like some for Littles and other kinks/lifestyles.
I loved being able to read through things and get friendly first-hand info from the people who are into it! No judgments. No risks. Everyone accepted as they are, which is awesome.
What are the Fetish.com search options like?
My Fetish.com review wouldn't be complete if I didn't talk about the search options. How else are we gonna find our matches!? There's actually two different ways to search that I want to talk about here.
The Fetish.com member search options
Okay first up let's chat about the Fetish.com member search options that are available under the Browse category. Free members can take a look at the Member tab (which is automatically sorted by VIP paid members first) and BDSM Dating personal ads.
The Fetish.com Member search page lets you pick from lots of filters. You can also add some kinks and fetishes to the list. Overall, it's got options like:
- Distance from a certain location.
- Body shape.
- Personal traits (eye color, hair color, ethnicity, and even body hair).
- Relationship status.
- Kinks, fetishes, lifestyles.
I will say, for its inclusivity up to this point, I was a little surprised that the BDSM dating tab exclusively offers options for people seeking women:
- Men seeking women.
- Women seeking women.
- Couples seeking women.
- Non-binary seeking women.
- Trans seeking women.
That was a little bit of a letdown to me! I guess I hoped there would be a bigger combination of searches avail.
Fetish.com BDSM personality test matching
The other method for Fetish.com search options is their BDSM Personality Test – oo fun!! You can take this test at any time and it'll provide a breakdown of where you fall on the spectrum of different kinks, fetishes, and BDSM categories (brats, brat tamers, etc.). For someone new to this kind of dating scene, it was super helpful!
They've taken it a step further and made it easy to find a list of potential matches based on your BDSM Personality Test results. This isn't the usual search method, but with something as unique as the Fetish.com dating site, it felt like a cool feature to have that makes total sense.
While this isn't really a search option you can also use something called “Quick Kink” that'll use what you're interested in to connect you with members! It's for free accounts, but you're limited to 50 “Spanks” to let someone know you're interested unless you're a paid member.
Is Fetish.com free to use?
With so many different features and resources available, is the Fetish.com app and site free to use? The answer is yes…and no. It's free to join and there are plenty of options for free members. For more advanced features, though, you're gonna need to whip out that credit card and sign up for a Premium or VIP paid subscription.
Comparing free vs. premium features on Fetish.com
Since I'm new to it all and wanted to check out what the Fetish.com app and site offered before paying for stuff, I declined the Premium and VIP subscription deal during sign up and started with a free account. They made it super easy to compare free vs paid features on Fetish.com, so after exploring a little bit I was able to easily decide what I wanted to do.
Sooooo what are those differences? Let's discuss. 👇
Fetish.com free account features
Here's what I could do on the Fetish.com app and site for free:
- Set up a profile and add info/pics.
- I could search members by fetish and other traits.
- Unlimited messages with other members (which is kinda huge for a free feature!).
- Check out community forums and participate in threads (not the VIP/Premium ones, though).
- Connect with other members.
- Stream live for video chat (but cannot see others unless a Premium member).
- Use the Fetish chat feature.
- Explore the educational resources on Fetish.com.
Overall, I was impressed with the freebies Fetish.com offered. With so many free features, I was wondering what the Premium and VIP subscriptions had to offer, too.
Cost & features for paid Fetish.com subscriptions
There are actually two options for Fetish.com paid subscriptions: Premium and VIP. From my experience on the Fetish.com app, I think the biggest draw for these is for people looking to take the already-solid free features to the next level.
Most of the paid features are available at both levels, with VIP members getting a little boost over Premium for number-limited perks like unmasking profile visitors and icebreaker messages to newbies.
Fetish.com premium membership features
The “lower” of the two paid subscriptions is the Fetish.com premium membership. It comes with a ton of additional perks over the free membership like:
- Seeing 18+ images and videos.
- Post up to 15 videos.
- Uploading photos to messages.
- Showing at the top of the list for online users.
- Opening your own Fetish chat rooms.
- Seeing message statuses (so you know if you're left on read).
- Unmasking 100 profile visitors/month.
- New icebreaker messages (300/month).
- Add up to 100 friends.
- Stream and view video chats at the same time (free accounts can only show their cam).
The prices for a Fetish.com premium membership are,
Fetish.com VIP membership features
This is the “higher” of the two paid subscriptions is the Fetish.com premium membership (which are honestly super similar). The Fetish.com VIP membership offers everything the Premium membership does, but it adds in a few more perks:
- Unmasking 300 profile visitors/month (up from 100).
- New icebreaker messages (up from 500/month).
- Featured at top of search results.
- Getting highlighted in inboxes.
- Upload unlimited videos.
- Free community telephone support.
- Add up to 500 friends (up from 100).
The prices for a Fetish.com VIP membership are,
I think there are plenty of options for free members that make the Fetish.com app attractive, but I can totally see why some people would want the paid subscriptions. Since I'm new to all this, I decided to stick with the free membership for now to see how it goes for a bit first.
What sets Fetish.com apart from other dating sites?
Obvi, Feiths.com stands out from more mainstream dating sites because of the type of lifestyles it's meant for. That being said, the super cute branding and way it makes everyone feel welcome made it feel not all that different from other dating sites i've tried. Sure, I was filtering from search options like “brat tamer” and “anal sex” instead of just “romance” and “loves to read” but they're all just preferences — so not that different, right?
With all that in mind, some of the things I found unique about Fetish.com are:
- The branding is for real so cute that it takes away any nervousness you might have if you're new to BDSM and kink lifestyles.
- Fetish.com offers way more than just dating or hookup options. It's got an extensive educational resource section plus lists of upcoming events and kink-friendly venues.
- It has a lot of free features so it doesn't feel super limiting.
- There was the ability to live stream / video chat depending on account level.
- The Fetish chat feature was really active, which was an awesome way to really mix and mingle with new people. Plus it's moderated so you don't have to worry about someone making you uncomfortable.
- They've got a kinky “Hot or Not” style game! You know how much I love these, so I was a big fan and glad to see they have one.
- BDSM school!! You could sign up for different classes (that are paid) and learn all sorts of things. They also have bios on the instructors so you know who is teaching you!
A quick glance shows things like “BDSM for Beginners” “Introduction to Impact Play” and “Advanced Impact Play.” And the prices aren't too bad tbh!
Pros and cons of Fetish.com
I wanted to make sure I wrote a fair Fetish.com review, so I put together my list of pros and cons for the site. Let's get to it.
What I liked about Fetish.com
Having limited experience on BDSM, kink, and fetish dating sites, I still wasn't totally sure what to expect when I was putting together my Fetish.com review. Some of the things I liked are:
- Really cute superhero branding about “kinky superpowers” that made the whole site feel fun and playful instead of dark or scary.
- Lots of educational resources that helped me learn and feel confident to ask when I didn't understand something! Also, the BDSM School was neat.
- They have profile verification options plus require an email verification during sign up.
- The Fetish chat feature was cool since it was so active.
- I will always stan a “Hot or Not” game, so that's a big win for me.
- The pricing falls in line with a lot of other dating sites.
What I didn't like about Fetish.com
With the good comes the bad, right? A few things that just didn't really resonate with me during my Fetish.com review were:
- I wish profile verification were a little more encouraged and widespread. I didn't see as many verified profiles as I would've liked.
- The BDSM dating posts were exclusively for people seeking women, which didn't feel very inclusive to me. I expected more inclusivity for a sex-positive site.
- The kinks and fetishes lists were fine, but I felt like some of the more basic stuff was missing. (I mean really, they skipped a foot kink?)
- While I loved the BDSM School (and the prices were super cheap!!) I do think these should be included in the paid membership.
Final thoughts for my Fetish.com review
When it comes to the world of kink and BDSM dating, I'm definitely a newbie. But Fetish.com made me feel really comfortable right from the homepage. I can't get over the cute and clever branding about “unleashing your kinky superpowers” because it made it feel way more mainstream instead of like being kinky requires some kind of secrecy or shame (live out loud!). Also! It's clear they stand behind what they're building and aren't looking to just cash in on the BDSM dating niche.
I think the Fetish.com app and site are the perfect spot for anyone interested in checking out that kind of dating or lifestyle. It's more than just a dating site, it's got all those educational resources and community boards that make it feel like you're joining a really sexy club where everyone is welcome.
As I'm learning more about kinky dating and BDSM, I'm definitely intrigued! I'm gonna go take the Fetish.com BDSM Personality Test and see who matches my results. Wish me luck and see you there! 😈