What is Geek2Geek and who is it for?
Founded by a Miami company in 2004, Geek2Geek is an international dating site
for those who feel like they don't fit into a certain box, with a big banner
when logged in saying to “Find your geek match.” There only appears to be a
couple hundred thousand members on the platform, making it small by dating site
standards, and on the lower end of other gamer or geek dating sites.
When checking out Geek2Geek, I noticed a heavy male presence but it does cater
to the LGTBQ+ community as well (though they could be a bit more inclusive).
With it being twenty years old, it can seriously use an app and a
facelift at this point.
Who is Geek2Geek for?
✔️Singles looking to find their geeky counterparts.
✔️Singles looking for long-term relationships.
✔️Those looking to have a dating platform match them with others.
✔️Those looking to use PayPal for payment, as opposed to entering CC info.
Who is Geek2Geek not for?
✖️Couples looking to date other singles or couples.
✖️Those looking for casual flings.
✖️Singles who aren’t explicitly looking to find matches related
to geeky interests.
✖️Those looking for extensive dating site features.
✖️Those looking to use a mobile app.
✖️Singles looking for a large dating pool.
✖️Singles that prefer to filter by verified profiles.
How does Geek2Geek work?
After you go through the registration process, finding a match is easy on
Geek2Geek. If you want to put in some manual work, just choose one of the many
search options, but my personal fave is the advanced search feature. If you're
feeling less inspired, click on the "find matches" tab to let Geek2Geek's algo
gods do all the work!
Once you find someone you want to connect with and your profile is approved, you
can send them a message or flirt with them (depending on whether you have a free
or paid account.) Geek2Geek approves profiles within 24 hours, so it may take a
bit of time!
If you’re not ready to start talking with someone yet, you can always just
favorite them. If you want to hide your profile from the match search results or
the homepage while exploring the app, you can do this in your account settings:
And that’s about it bbs!
Is Geek2Geek legit?
If it wasn't legit, would I really be here?? LOL but yes it is. Geek2Geek
doesn't sell or provide any personal info to third parties and the dating site
is a secure site that uses Thawte SSL Web Server Certificates to encrypt all of
the data on their site. This is a good thing since Thawte checks and verifies
Geek2Geek's registration documents, the domain name, and their contact of
The one thing I did notice when checking on other Geek2Geek reviews before
signing up was people sometimes had issues with canceling their payments
properly, depending on how they originally paid.
📝 The TL;DR on Geek2Geek
I'm big on first impressions, and Geek2Geek passed the test with their layout,
design, and sign up process, even though it could be a bit updated. Here's what
else I thought about Geek2Geek:
- A unique dating space where people can bond over smarts, sci-fi, and
- Geek2Geek has a pretty quick sign up process which I appreciate.
- Not a lot of special features, but Geek2Geek focuses more on ways to find
people - plenty of search features here!
- There’s no Geek2Geek app which is a disappointment if you like to browse on
- Geek2Geek is free to use, with additional features available with a paid
- There’s no way to verify profiles for a badge, but Geek2Geek claims they
briefly review all profiles before allowing them to use full features.
Here's some questions I had regarding Geek2Geek that may be helpful for you too:
How to delete Geek2Geek account: Deleting your Geek2Geek
account isn't as easy as most dating sites. I’m able to hide my profile by
clicking on my "account" page, but to delete my account, it seems like the only
option is to email their customer service team.
What does it cost to join Geek2Geek?: It depends what you're
looking to get out of it, but it's free to join! You can upgrade your
subscription at any time to enjoy extra perks.
What's a flirt?: A flirt is sending a cheeky automated message
to someone to show you're interested. You can also view who you flirted with by
clicking on "my messages and flirts".
Can you browse incognito on Geek2Geek?: Sort of! You can hide
your profile from the match search results and from being featured on the
homepage. From what I can tell, you can’t go fully incognito but matches also
won’t see that you’ve looked at them anyway.
Can you deactivate your Geek2Geek account?: Yes! There’s an
option in your account settings to deactivate it.
Is there a Geek2Geek app to use?
Unfortunately, there is no mobile app for Geek2Geek, but you can still access
the Geek2Geek dating site on your phone.
To make it easier to access the site, bookmark the Geek2Geek dating site on your
phone or desktop.
The process to sign up for Geek2Geek app
🐕 Decently quick! Less than 5 minutes.
Signing up for Geek2Geek was easy breezy! Here's what the registration process
1. I could sign in or join for free right on the homepage, so I clicked on that
long orange button to get things started!
2. The first step to creating my account is to add my:
- Email address.
- Create my username.
- Come up with a secure password.
- Agree to the terms of service.
3. I carry on with creating my account and enter my city, state, province (if
applicable), zip code, and country.
4. The next step is to select my sexual orientation and who I'm looking for. Not
extremely inclusive with the options, but Geek2Geek gets an A for effort in my
book since it allows you to check members of the same sex (which some dating
sites won’t let you do!)
5. Time to put in my DOB and the age range I'm looking to meet. You can change
the age range later in your settings so don’t get stuck thinking too hard here!
6. I added a pic of me with the option to add more. If adding multiple pics,
make sure to save each pic before hitting "continue.”
7. When adding a pic, the next page asks me if I want to make the pic my profile
picture, and it gives me the option to hide my pic from users. Make sure to
click on "save photo!”
8. Choose a display name that others will see while communicating on Geek2Geek.
8. Before I'm dropped into the main feed, I have the option to purchase a
monthly subscription at a special rate of $3.99 per month. I didn’t sign up here
because I wanted to make sure I liked the site enough or potential matches
enough to upgrade, even if it would save me a few bucks!
And voila! Then I’m dropped onto the main feed.
The main feed of Geek2Geek app
I have my first look at the mainfeed, and I'm pretty impressed. It's organized
very well, easy to spot what I'm looking for, and has everything on one page.
From the main feed itself I was able to:
- Search for matches.
- View/respond to new messages.
- See any new flirts I received.
- Update my profile.
- Change my profile pic.
- Upgrade my membership.
- View my account settings.
- Get access to their dating resources.
Setting up your Geek2Geek profile
There’s a TON of other options to set up on your Geek2Geek dating profile, so
you’ll want to go to “My Dashboard” “My Profile” and “Change Profile” to access
There are 5 steps you can go through to add more, ranging from Step 1, the
basics, which was more about me and my appearance:
Step 2 was what I’m like - ethnicity, education, relationship status, children,
Step 3 was, “selling” myself (their words, not mine!) where I can adjust my
headline, description, match description, and add any fun facts.
Step 4 is “what makes you a geek” which doesn't have much tbh, but it let me
select and prioritize what’s most important to me from the available criteria in
other people’s profiles, which was pretty unique!
Then for Step 5, I can add more photos to my profile.
Now you have a fully filled out profile and they can match you a bit better with
What are the Geek2Geek profiles like?
The Geek2Geek profiles are easy to read and concise, yet still provide a good
amount of info about each user. Here's what I could see/do with the Geek2Geek
- Add them to my favorites.
- Report the user.
- Send a message, flirt, or say I'm not interested.
- View their location and how far they are from me.
- Check out the person's gender, who they're looking for, age, religion,
political beliefs, level of education, ethnicity, and relationship status.
- Read their description of themself as well as what they want in their future
Using Geek2Geek search to find matches
🔎 They have manual search filters, as well as a matching
Searching for a match is super easy on the Geek2Geek app, and there are plenty
of ways to do it! Geek2Geek has one of the most versatile ways to find users out
of all of the dating sites I've tried. If I want to control the search filters,
I can go straight to the dashboard on my profile and can search by three
- Personal info.
- Advanced search.
With personal info, I could search by gender ("everyone" and "other" are
included as options!) and by age range.
If I click on location, I can filter by:
- Zip code.
The advanced search filter is the star here when it comes to Geek2Geek's search
capabilities. I could only give you a glimpse of the advanced search because the
box only lets me view a small bit of info at the time - but here's what I could
- Pics only.
- Education level.
- Last login date.
- Relationship status.
- If I have children.
‘Find Matches’ feature
If all those options still aren't good enough, then you can click on the "find
matches" button. This feature shows me a bunch of users at once, with their
pics, membership level, options to contact them, favorite them, or say I’m not
interested, and a brief description on display. This was super handy for a quick
Even when contacting users, it seems pretty quiet in here compared to other
Is Geek2Geek free to use?
Geek2Geek is free to use and I could do a lot for, well…nothing! Def take
advantage of this and use every free feature you can.
Free vs. paid memberships for Geek2Geek
Geek2Geek has a free version where I was able to test out the site as much or
(as little) as I wanted to, as well as 2 premium packages that I could choose
from, -Silver or Gold.
Geek2Geek free features
I can appreciate a good free tier on a dating site because it lets you see what
you're getting before you commit by paying for a subscription.
Here's what I could do without having to pay a dime:
- View profiles and edit my own.
- Extensively search for other members.
- Choose an automated message to send as a way to flirt.
- See my favorites, who favorited me, and mutual favorites.
- Send messages and respond to those from Gold members.
Features & cost of Silver packages for Geek2Geek
💰From $3.99/1 month to $23.99/6 months.
The Silver membership is Geek2Geek's less expensive subscription. I have three
different options when purchasing from the silver package, and they offer it at
a reduced price:
- One month for $3.99.
- 3 months at $11.99 (paid in full up front)
- 6 months at $23.99 (paid in full up front)
With the Silver membership, I was able to do everything in the free tier, plus:
- Send unlimited messages.
- Reply to as many messages as I want.
Features & cost of Gold packages for Geek2Geek
💰From $5.99/1 month to $35.99/6 months.
The Geek2Geek Gold member is their premium subscription where I can have access
to every feature. Here's what it looks like to pay for a Gold membership:
- 1 month at $5.99.
- 3 months at $17.99 (paid in full up front)
- 6 months at $35.99 (paid in full up front)
The Gold membership gave me access to everything in the free and silver
packages, as well as:
- Putting my profile at the top of search pages.
- Receive unlimited messages from free users.
- Receive unlimited replies from free members.
What sets Geek2Geek apart?
Besides for being a place where comic book lovers and gamers can unite,
Geek2Geek has a few other features that set it apart from the rest as a geek
- There are multiple ways to search for members between their manual search
and algorithm matches.
- I have the option to shut auto-renewal off if I have a paying subscription.
- Having an “order of operations” for match criteria was unique. I haven’t
seen that on other geek dating sites!
- It’s been around longer than most other geek dating sites.
Pros and cons of Geek2Geek app
Each dating site has its pros and cons, and it's helpful to know what they are
when deciding whether to pay up or not. That said, what did I like and not like
when spending time trying out the app and working on my Geek2Geek review? Let's
👍What I liked about Geek2Geek
Geek2Geek brought a lot to the table. Here's what I enjoyed about the Geek2Geek
- Dating site that caters to a niche crowd – geek dating.
- The profiles allow for a lot of custom info to be added, and a lot of the
members filled these out extensively.
- I was able to do a lot for free.
- I appreciated being able to hide my profile from search and the homepage.
- The pricing was reasonable compared to other sites.
👎What I didn't like about Geek2Geek
Unfortunately, not everyone can be winners, and there's a few areas where
Geek2Geek could do better. Here's what I thought Geek2Geek could improve on:
- I couldn't upload my profile pic due to it not being the right file
extension, but Geek2Geek doesn't describe what the file extension format should
- The membership base was really small compared to other sites.
- There is no Geek2Geek mobile app avail (yet!!)
- It doesn’t seem like it’s been updated in a while, or that new features will
be coming out.
- The features were pretty basic.
Final thoughts for my Geek2Geek review
I thought that Geek2Geek had a great layout and I loved all the different ways
to search for people. I think making a few upgrades such as getting a mobile
app, seeing full profile pics, and not being so stringent on the profile pic
process will help make it more enjoyable!
There didn’t seem to be much action going on here, and the membership base was
pretty limited. I definitely think the free one is worth checking out first, and
if you like what you see, try out the Silver membership! Just make sure if you
plan to cancel it, you go through the proper channels and confirm your
membership is deactivated.
Looking for more? Here are some other gamer and geek dating sites to explore: