What is CougarD and who is it for?
CougarD.net is a global dating app that bridges the age gap between those who
are older and younger looking for love. Created in 2016, CougarD is less than
ten years old, which explains the more modern look and having mobile apps
available! Unlike some other cougar sites I used, CougarD attracts new users
each month - more than 150,000 according to their site like I mentioned earlier!
Who is CougarD best for?
✔️Younger men looking to date older, more mature women.
✔️Younger women looking to date older, more mature women.
✔️People interested in a variety of different connections from hookups to
✔️Singles interested in location-based technology to improve matches.
✔️Singles who prefer dating websites that also have a “credits” or “coin”
✔️A cougar dating site with an actual app!
✔️Someone who prefers dating apps with verification.
Who is CougarD not right for?
✖️Younger singles looking to date close to their age.
✖️Mature women looking for mature/older men.
✖️Someone who prefers to use a desktop vs. mobile app.
✖️Someone who is not comfortable sharing location info with a dating app.
✖️If you don’t like being required to upload a profile photo to sign up.
How does CougarD work?
CougarD works in a few different ways to help you find people. One of the ways
CougarD works is by using its location-based technology to hook you up with some
I could look for users by choosing from a few categories:
- Top picks
If that doesn't give me what I want, then I can click on the filter icon to
change my settings to show me diff options. This allows me to look over 100km
away from my location (the app shows it in km, not miles for us US-based
users!). At first, I wasn’t sure if I could look out of the country. Some apps
require you to pay extra if you want to find someone ahead of time in a location
you’re traveling to. I used the search option to pretend I was looking in
England and got really excited! Until… I realized you had to pay. We’ll discuss
There’s another option in the center with the “compass” button that shows me a
new screen with “Hot”, “New” and “Nearby” to browse, along with status messages
from users. It seems this part of the CougardD app is similar to a social
I can also use the "Quick Match" feature which shows me users a la Tinder style, and
I can pass or like their pics.
Once I find someone I like, I can send them a “Wink” that lets me choose from
precreated messages, “Super Like” them (which is a paid feature) send them a
message with text, an emoji or photo, audio (which was very neat to see!) or add
a comment to their photo.
As far as using the app itself, there are a lot of helpful tips that pop up
while you’re navigating it as a newbie, in-app notification banners to show when
someone is interested in you, and many MANY screens that make you aware of
features that are only paid, LOL.
What’s nice is you’ll get free Coins for different activities – for example, I
got 20 free Coins each day that I showed up, so I could use them for
By the way, even though this is a cougar dating app, where traditionally younger
men are looking for older women, women can actually look for older women to date
Is CougarD legit?
Yes, it is! There is a CougarD app, and although it's almost a decade old, it's
still pulling in new members each month which is a good sign. The profiles seem
like real people and the bios came off as genuine - can't say the same about
most of the other cougar sites I've seen! CougarD members can also be verified
with a system that’s pretty difficult to fake, and there were plenty of gorg
mature women on the app as well!
For some more legitimacy, CougarD.net released their 2023 User Report in March.
this article, CougarD is mentioned as the leading dating app for mature
women, and the CEO Anna Fleszer is interviewed - how's that for legit?
📝 What's the TL;DR on the CougarD app?
When I downloaded this app, my first thought was FINALLY - a legit looking app
for the cougars!! I was so excited to see a modern dating site. Here's what else
I was excited about! Here are some first impressions when I was starting to use
it for my CougarD review:
- There is a CougarD mobile app!!!!!! HUGE win for the cougars if you've been
following my posts!
- Lots of helpful tips when using the app as a newbie.
- Free credits are offered when you sign up after a few moments.
- Users seem to be active on the site.
- Lots of ways to find members.
- No frills site that gets straight to the point - finding a match!
- It has both a paid subscription option and credits (aka, Coins).
- A profile picture is required to sign up.
- There’s a cool feature called “Voice Introduction”
- Profile verification is possible.
K, onto the questions.
How to delete CougarD account: CougarD makes deleting an
account kiiiind of tricky because they hide it under the FAQs. But you know I
got you! Here's how to get there:
- Click on the icon that looks like an outline of a person.
- Scroll down to settings.
- Click on FAQ.
- Scroll alllll the way to the bottom where it says "How do I delete my
- Click on delete account. WARNING - there is no pop up
confirming if you want to delete your account, so make sure you're serious
before hitting delete!
What's CougarD's age limit?: CougarD's only age limit is that
you must be at least 18 to use the app.
How do I cancel my CougarD's subscription? You can cancel your
subscription by following the App Store or Google Play Store's Terms and
Conditions. Just remember that you will still need to delete your CougarD
account if you're looking to get rid of your account completely! Don’t pay the
“I forgot” tax like me. 😬
Do you have to pay to use CougarD?: You don’t have to, but you
can upgrade to Plus or purchase Coins if you want access to the more advanced
(and fun) features!
Is CougarD app free to use?: There are free options to use
What features do I need Coins for on CougarD?: You’ll need
Coins to send a Super-like or for a profile Boost. I talk more about this in the
Is there a CougarD app to use?
📲YES!! For both iOS and Android.
Praise the app gods - yes there is!!!! Signing up on the mobile app is the only
way to create an account - no desktop version of the app here. You can download
the app from Google Play or the App Store so everyone wins!
The signup process for CougarD
🐇Super fast! It took less than 5 minutes.
Is it weird that I'm actually excited to do CougarD's sign up process? It's been
a while since I was able to have instant gratification…on my phone! By the way,
this app requires you to upload a profile photo in order to fully register so,
if that’s a deterrent, it’s not the best app for you!
Here's what it looks like to sign up for the CougarD app:
1. First, I download the app (you can do it from CougarD.net or right in the app
stores) and see that I can continue with my Apple account, or sign in with my
email. Buttt since I don't have an account yet, I'm going to go ahead and click
that colorful "Create Account" button.
2. Then, I enter my email and create a password. I'm on the first step out of 4,
so we're already off to a great start!
3. This is where I can upload a clear pic of my face - any pics that don't meet
CougarD's requirements will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: You have to upload a photo here, you can’t
Then, I fill in some info like my nickname, DOB, and gender. There's only two
gender options and they can't be changed, which is a new one for me.
4. I can allow (or deny) CougarD to access my location for some more potential
matches. I know there is concern around approving this, but tbh, part of the way
the app works is using it so you may as well. You can always click “not now” and
then use “Allow Once” when it pops up again.
5. Last step! At least we end things on a good note - I fill in deets about my
- In a relationship
- Flirting with someone
- Waiting for a miracle (this made me laugh out loud)
- In an open relationship
- It’s complicated
- Broken hearted (😭)
And then choose 5 preferences like,
- Anything outdoors
- Art & museums
Like I mentioned, I’m supposedly on the last step, but I've been tricked before
where I thought it was the end… only to have to answer more questions.
Let's hope that's not the case with CougarD!
Note: Right after this, a screen popped up for me to rate the
CougarD app. 🤔Feels a lil’ premature right!?
6. Wowwww - no tricks here! In 5 easy steps, I'm done signing up with CougarD
and am dropped into the main feed. I also have my first message from CougarD
themselves . aww!
The CougarD main feed
Here’s what the CougarD.net main feed (aka “CougarD Plaza”) looks like right
after signing up. FYI - I took this screenshot on my iPad, so the view looks
weird for some reason… but there is an interesting mix of ages here ranging from
I chose my gender as female, but I couldn't choose which gender I wanted to see
for matches. I find it a lil strange that I'm on a cougar site and am being
shown all pics of dudes…does this mean I'm a cougar now?! LOL!
EDIT: I found out that I can change who I'm looking for by
tapping on the filter icon and switching the "show me" from male to female.
So what’s on the main feed? I can find things like:
- Boosted users up top (similar to the IG story format).
- New, Top Picks, Online and Verified members.
- The filter to change my search preferences.
- A footer at the bottom with icons for the main feed, “Nearby” which is
Tinder style swiping, another feed where users can post status updates (sorted
by Hot, New and Nearby), my messages, and profile/account settings.
- Moment notifications.
It’s a pretty intuitive interface to use, and simple as well! No extra,
unnecessary frills or features.
What are the CougarD profiles like?
The profiles on CougarD have a diff layout than the typical dating site/app. All
of the person's information is literally right on their profile pic - just
scroll down and you'll see their info. It provides a lot of info such as,
- Body type.
- Income info.
- Relationship status.
- Personality traits.
- If they’re verified/VIP.
And more! Like what you read? CougarD makes it super easy to reach out directly
from a profile. Just choose an option - I can send a wink, comment, or rank high
on their list with a Super-like (this requires Coins.)
As far as what I could update on my profile, here it is!
I can add…
- Up to 6 photos (not shown)
- Personal info, like height and body type.
- Income status.
- Relationship status.
- Intention (aka, what I’m looking for here, like finding a friend or date.)
- What I’m looking for in a partner when it comes to hobbies and personality.
- Whether or not I’m a smoker, or drink (I haven’t mentioned wine in this
CougarD review yet! What’s happening to me!?)
- Preferences (aka activities/hobbies) like when I signed up.
Overall, I really like the profile options. They have just enough information to
get the convo started, without feeling super tedious to fill out. The one thing
I didn’t like was how you had to swipe up to see someone’s profile info, and
then it was layered over the pic making it hard to read.
Still, it has one of the better profile interfaces I’ve seen!
How to search for matches on CougarD app
I was a little taken aback by the lack of options when searching on the CougarD
app. Something to be aware of is if you’re searching for both genders, you can’t
click “both.” You have to switch it on every search screen. 😑
Searching using the filtered search on top right:
Here's what I could search by:
- Show me male or female (can't pick both).
Filtering on the main feed (CougarD Plaza)
I could also narrow my searches a bit more by clicking on a category underneath
"CougarD Plaza." For example, I could search by…
- Top picks
- Verified profiles
Using the “Compass”
There’s also the option to hit the lil’ compass button on the footer, which
shows you filter options (Hot, New, Nearby) and a user feed with profile photo
and a recent status update (called “Moments). This is the social media style
browsing I mentioned earlier!
Quick matches nearby (the heart option)
And last, I could click the heart in the footer to see local hotties and choose
to like them, or swipe/hit the X. I could also send messages on here directly to
Is CougarD free to use?
✅Yes! But you need to upgrade for certain features.
The CougarD app is free to use, but it costs extra to do certain things, such as
sending a message first to someone. You can get away with using it without
upgrading for a while, but to get any meaningful connections out of it, you’ll
have to pony up that cash!
How to delete CougarD account
So, a common question about this site is “why can’t I delete my CougarD
account?!” And I get it! It does seem a bit tricker than usual like I mentioned
earlier in the TL;DR. If you didn’t see it up there, here are the steps again:
- Click the icon that looks like an outline of a person.
- Scroll to settings.
- Click FAQ.
- Scroll alllll the way to the bottom where it says "How do I delete my
- Click on “delete account.” WARNING - once you hit delete,
that’s it! They don’t make you confirm, so be sure you want to do it before
hitting that button.
And there you have it! Now you know how to delete CougarD account profiles.
Free vs. Plus subscription for CougarD.net
CougarD has both a free and paid (Plus) subscription to use. The free
subscription is great for those new to the cougar dating scene and is also great
for those new to the site who want to check it out before committing. The
CougarD Plus subscription is best for experienced users who know what they want
and aren't afraid to go after it.
Free account features for CougarD
I love being able to check an app out for free! Here's what I could do on
CougarD.net for FREE:
- Create my profile and add up to 6 pics.
- Add a voice introduction!
- Check out profiles.
- See who viewed my profile, my admirers, liked me, matched with me, and
flirted with me (aka sent a wink).
- Send up to 20 free winks a day - winks give you a few pre-written things to
send someone if you’re interested in them as an icebreaker!
- Respond to messages.
- Use the search features.
- Verify my profile.
- Earn free credits by doing things like signing in daily.
Not too bad! The main thing I didn’t like was not being able to message people
first, because that makes it way more difficult to find a match. I could give
them the hint every other way and hope that they messaged me, or buy Coins for
CougarD Plus cost and features
💰Price ranges from $23.33 to $29.99
Exhausted all the free options and still want more? Like actually messaging
people? Girl, I got you!
CougarD's Plus Subscription prices aren't too bad compared to other dating apps
I've seen. It’s very similar to LuvCougar,
more expensive than MatureDates,
and cheaper than Cougars69.
Upgrading to CougarD Plus can be done for:
- 1 month at $29.99/month.
- 3 months at $28.33/month ($84.99 up front.)
- 6 months @ $23.33/month ($139.99 up front.)
You get a bit of a discount for choosing the 3 month or 6 month packages, but
starting with 1 month should be good to test the waters!
Here's what I could do with CougarD Plus:
- Initiate messages.
- Post a video and comment on "My Moments" - CougarD's feed where you can see
posts, pics, and comments.
- Get more likes.
- Instant chat with others.
- Premium search for both online and verified users ( as well as outside the
- Receive a VIP badge to stand out from the crowd.
- Access to all filter options.
- Increase my chances of being a top pick.
CougarD app also has the option to buy Coins if you’re just looking to get
someone’s attention and hope for a message, without trying out the Plus
subscription yet! So what does that cost?
CougarD lets you earn Coins to use by doing simple things like showing up daily
or updating certain parts of your profile. Here’s how much the Coin packages
- 200 Coins for $9.99.
- 500 Coins for $19.99 ($24.97 without the promo.)
- 2000 Coins for $49.99 ($99.90 without the promo.)
- 10,000 Coins for $149.99 ($499.50 without the promo! 😱)
You’ll notice the option to buy Coins pop up when you try to click features that
aren’t free. This is what you can do with Coins:
- Boost: This puts you at the top of CougarD Plaza in the IG story type feed
for more visibility. 1 Boost for 50 Coins says you’re guaranteed “10x profile
views and up to 5x reactions.”
- Send a “Super-like”: This is the yellow star that you see on profiles! It
costs 20 Coins to get more visibility this way. CougarD says “you’re 10x more
likely to get a match” this way.
If you buy the smallest package, you’ll be able to send a few Super-likes and
What sets CougarD apart?
With all of the cougar dating sites out there, it's hard to stand apart from the
crowd. Luckily, there's features that dating apps like CougarD can offer to help
attract more users - and judging by other people’s CougarD reviews, they feel
the same way!
Here's what made CougarD a unique dating app:
- You can create a voice intro to make your profile more authentic. I haven’t
seen this on any dating apps I’ve tried so far.
- You can send voice messages in the chat (usually it’s just text, or
- Daters can take a pic doing a specific gesture to verify their profile.
- You can send a wink to flirt with someone - except you can choose from
pre-written messages to break the ice with it!
- You can buy Coins for Boosts and Super-likes if you aren’t ready to buy Plus
or just see one person you really like.
- It has an app! While this is the norm for dating sites, for some reason
cougar dating websites in specific don’t tend to have them.
Pros and cons of CougarD app
Every dating site has its pros and cons, including CougarD. Curious to know what
We can cap off my CougarD review with them!
👏 Pros: What I liked about CougarD
It's hard not to like something that brings you sexy singles for free!! Here's
what else I loved about CougarD:
- Modern user interface.
- Several different ways to search for people.
- The ability to buy Coins if I didn’t want the full Plus membership yet.
- The voice intro.
- Users seemed pretty active – more so than other cougar dating apps!
- Verified profiles.
- I could respond to messages sent to me as a free account!
👎 Cons: What I didn't like so much about CougarD
CougarD had a lot going for it, and they have a mobile app so I really can't
complain! Buttt, if I was going to complain, it would be about these:
- Unable to initiate contact with others unless upgrading to Plus.
- No blog or extra features beyond it being a dating app.
- Limited search features for basic members.
- Could use more inclusive options when signing up.
- “My Moments” publishes your location with your updates. There’s no way to
- You have to allow location services to make the most of the app.
- Plus was decent as far as the costs, but there are ones that cost less. The
trade-off is they aren’t as active!
- Younger men are on CougarD looking for younger women (and probably vice
versa!), which changes how it functions as a cougar dating app.
Final thoughts for my CougarD app review
It was so refreshing seeing a CougarD app that catered to both iPhone and
Android users. It def stands out from the other cougar dating sites due to its
more modern approach and active user base, but it could still do a few things to
make it more appealing.
I did end up getting a ton of admirers right off the bat! But
unfortunately it seems like younger men are using it as a regular dating app to
find younger women / women their age (and probably vice versa), so my inbox had
a d*ck pic in it pretty quickly. 😑I hit that block button SOOO fast! There were
a ton of gorg older ladies on here that were active – so many to connect and
chat with. I was glad I tried out this cougar dating site and was able to share
this CougarD app review with you!
I will definitely use CougarD when on the prowl. It was worth the upgrade.
Visit Visit CougarD App