What is Sugardaddie and who is it for?
Sugardaddie has been around since 2003 (!!) so it’s another one of the OG sugar dating sites. From what I could see, it’s a privately held company in Florida, and likes to pull some stunts like trying to get Woodside, California to change their name to “Sugardaddie.com, USA” by offering them $11.65 million dollars! Yes, that’s
thousands. No, they didn’t do it!
Sugardaddie.com is a dating site where sugar daddies can meet their sugar baby. If all this sugar talk leaves you feeling confused (or hungry!), let me explain; this kind of relationship is a mutual symbiotic one.
Usually the man (sugar daddy) is several years older (or more) and wealthier than the woman. The woman (sugar baby) is typically attractive and younger than her sugar daddy and keeps him company in exchange for money or gifts. Each relationship is different and depends on what you both discuss in your arrangement, so if the idea of this makes you uncomfortable, then it's probably not best for you. I did notice different “looking for” options but pretty sure the majority on the site are looking for the sugar dynamic.
But if you
seeking someone to take care of you, wine and dine you, and show you the finer things in life, this is definitely for you.
And if you’re a man looking to find someone you’re attracted to and wanna spoil, come on in!
In general, the men on here tend to skew older, and the women tend to skew younger. When I expanded my search, I was about to see 115k+ profiles, so there does seem to be a decent user base with profiles from the millions of people who have joined!
Is Sugardaddie.com legit?
At first glance, I could understand why some Sugardaddie.com reviews might say Sugardaddie isn't a legit site: there's no mobile app, the sign up process is outdated (but bonus points for how quick it is!), and they don't have any special bells or whistles.
BUT, bbs, this is where you shouldn't be so judgemental because I was very impressed with the amount of users I saw in the mainfeed. I chatted up a lot of the men and they seemed to be genuine people, not bots - so Sugardaddie.com is legit to me! Plus, I didn’t have as many messages that looked the exact same except for Kik and Snapchat names like I mentioned in my
Established Men review.
The tl;dr on Sugar Daddie
When signing up for Sugardaddie, my first impressions went something like this, "Wait, what? There's no app? But oooh look how fast the signup process is! And look how many available users!" For those who are looking for more info, here it is:
Is there a Sugardaddie.com free trial?:
Yes, there is a free trial so you can see what you're getting into without a financial commitment - your wallet will thank you!
Do sugar babies get to use it for free?:
In a trend that makes perfect sense, sugar babies can use all premium features for free! Sorry men, you have to pay up.
How to delete Sugardaddie account?:
To delete your account, go to your profile pic - here you have the choice to be in “private” or “stealth mode” if you change your mind. If not, click on settings/info, then click on the "cancel" tab - and “fully cancel account.”
these online message boards let you talk to others on a variety of topics such as sports, politics, or music.
There isn’t any kind of FAQ that I could find, so a lot of what I’m sharing here (and above) is from fumbling around learning as I went.
Is there a Sugardaddie.com app?
Sadly, no, there's no Sugardaddie.com app (let's change that, PLZ!). I was able to access the mobile version of the site on my phone, but it's still not the same as using an app! 😭!
What's the Sugardaddie.com sign up process like?
The Sugardaddie.com sign up process is super easy and a lil’ outdated - but this is expected for an app that ONLY has a desktop version! Tbh, this was one of the easiest registration processes I’ve had (seems to be a trend with the sugar dating sites) so I was really happy about that.
1. Right off the bat, Sugardaddie.com lets you know this is a dating site where wealthy men can meet beautiful women - a lil’ vain, I know, but this site IS vain, so if that bothers you, stop here.
On the first screen, I select my:
- Gender (can only choose between male/female).
- Confirm my email.
- Create a password.
- Click on continue!
2. That was simple enough! Next, I get to drop some pics into my profile:
"NO PHOTO=NO RESULTS"=I FEEL LIKE I'M GETTING YELLED AT BY MY PARENTS! LOL!
(Sorry for yelling at you, too, but I felt you needed to experience how I felt.)
3. I upload my primary pic and wait for it to get approved by the Sugardaddie gods. Also, can we give Sugardaddie some extra bonus points for safety? Buh-bye, scammers!
4. Now I fill out 4 fields:
- The country I live in.
- The type of relationship I want: not limited to a Sugardaddie relationship or strictly sugar daddie relationship, which was nice!
- Ethnicity - a little limited w/options imo, but hopefully Sugarddaddie will add to this!
5. I add some deets about my height, weight, and hair color so the daddies get to know who I really am…
6. ICYMI, this is the FINAL SECTION! YAY!!! After filling this section out, the Sugardaddie review team will approve it. I can enter my occupational info, talk more about myself, select my hobbies, and enter my phone #.
7. There were a ton of hobbies for me to choose from, and I loved how there was a min, not a max! I mean… look at all these options:
8. Aaaaand, the registration process is complete once I click on the activation link that gets emailed to me! Hooray!
I get my first sneak peek at the main feed…here it is! Loving all the options here:
At the top of the main feed, I was able to see who is online, update my photos, check my messages, cruise through some forums, see who viewed me (visitors), search for daddies, check out who I saved as faves and what they’re up to, and see matches.
What are the search features for Sugardaddie.com like?
First, lemme say that when I went to search for some users, there were 115,693 to choose from! Yasss daddy!
I was impressed with the search features as there are a ton of advanced search options including:
- Hair color.
- Body type.
- Zip code/city.
- Only with photos.
Is Sugardaddie free to use?
I'd say freer than I am, but that'd be a lie! 😝I’ll share the free account features a bit further down.
There is also a Sugardaddie.com free trial, but it's pretty limited in the sense that you can read messages, but you can't send them.
Free vs. Premium membership for Sugardaddie.com
Similar to most dating sites/apps, Sugardaddie.com lets you check out the basics for free, with the option to purchase a membership if you want some extra fun. Here's what you get once you become a member - whether free or paying:
Sugardaddie.com free account features
Who here doesn't like free? (cricket, cricket) That's what I thought!
Here's what I was able to do without parting from my beloved credit card:
- Create a profile.
- Read messages.
- Check out pics of users.
- Choose my fave daddies (LOL! I couldn't resist)
- Read forum posts… although I didn’t do much of this. You can’t post as a free member fyi.
- See who viewed my profile.
- See who liked me 😍.
Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum packages for Sugardaddie.com
The premium packages page on Sugardaddie is a little oldschool. I feel like my mom is watching an old infomercial on TV with the "time remaining" part - I'm half-waiting for "If you act now, we'll throw in an additional sugar daddy for free!"
They have package options for:
- Bronze: 1 month at $24.99.
- Silver: 3 months at $16.66/month (one time payment of $49.99)
- Gold: 6 months at $13.49/month (one time payment of $80.94)
- Platinum: 1 year at $8.99/month (one time payment of $107.89)
When I click on "click here", there is no description of which features you get, just a page of fields to fill out with your payment info. All you seem to get is just a discounted rate for buying more months at a time. If you’re a man looking to check this out and see how you like it, 1 month is probably sufficient to do that!
BTW, see where it says at the bottom, pay by phone or pay by mail?? UMMM, not sure of any sugar babies who are gonna do either because they're both outdated.
Here's what you get when you become a paying member on Sugardaddie.com:
- Post/reply on forums.
- Video chat.
- IM - Instant Message.
- Send messages.
- Save and receive specialized searches.
- Meet my Match: this is for
style swiping. o0o.
What sets Sugardaddie.com apart from other sugar dating apps?
Sugardaddie was a lot of fun to play around on, but is it memorable enough to come out on top?
Some Sugardaddie reviews say no, but I think that this site would do itself a favor if they invested in an app and came up with some cool features (like a daddie cam!). Until then, here's what made them different:
- Tons of potential sugar daddies to choose from!
- Sugardaddie.com personally screens and verifies profile pics - bonus points for safety!
- Text alerts sent every 4 hours to let you know who's into you. This is nice considering they don’t have a mobile app!
Pros and cons of Sugardaddie.com
I noticed some turn ons and turn offs when checking out Sugardaddie.com. Though it's natural to find things to like and dislike about a dating site/app, try to keep an open mind in order to really get the full experience. Sooo what were they?
What were my turn ons with Sugardaddie.com?
I saw a lot to like when I was checking out Sugardaddie.com. Here are some goodies I picked up along the way:
- There's a Sugardaddie.com free trial to explore.
- Easy to use - no complicated features or annoying pop-up ads.
- A large number of users to choose from - you can look at their pics for free!
What were my turn offs with Sugardaddie.com?
I hate to be…well…a hater…but my Sugardaddie.com review just wouldn't be the same without a dose of realness. Here's what wasn't so great about the Sugardaddie.com dating site:
- No mobile app (you can sign on from your phone, just not via a cute app).
- Paid account is needed to message others.
- It can be expensive to pay for the subscription, especially one lacking an app or creative features.
So, thoughts for my Sugardaddie.com review?
Sugardaddie.com is great for beginners as it brought me down the rabbit hole of "sugar dating". I can appreciate what this site is all about, but I need a dating app/site that can bring a bit more to the table (like an app! Cool features!).
The quality of the people who messaged me were great though, and felt more “real” than some of the other sites where I was worrying about fake profiles.
So after using it for a bit here’s what I’ll leave you with: you can wet your appetite with Sugardaddie, but you may need to finish elsewhere.