What is MatchBDSM and who is it for?
MatchBDSM is a niche site for people who are interested in BDSM and spicier sex 🌶️.
Think whips, chains, safe words, you get the point. As far as who is on the site, the age ranges and interests run the gamut! You can def find someone you’re looking for here.
This is also def NOT a site for conservative people who are not interested in exploring outside their comfort zone.
How does MatchBDSM.com work?
Ok, this site is busy busy busy when you first get signed up. MatchBDSM works like this: Once you sign up and get your profile info added (and spiced up!) you can do quick profile searches, browse the feed, try out “Rapid Match” which shows you local hotties to “pass” or “like” (similar to
You can also view people who are broadcasting via cams, see “bondage sex requests” , send flirts, and browse community photos! Like I said, v. busy. And tbh, I’m not sure I would even use all of these!
If you find someone you like either through good ol’ search or Rapid Match, you can flirt or send a message to start turning up the heat. 🔥
Also, I noticed on profiles there are messages that say “To contact this user you must be between x and x ages” so you can also control who contacts you, which is awesome.
Is MatchBDSM legit?
I went back and forth on this question and I'm still not 100% sure how legit this site is. I will say, it's less legit than some sites I used, but not illegitimate enough to completely turn me off. Here's some other things I noticed:
- Not a private platform: the public is able to view any naughty pics I put out there (though you can send pics privately in a message to a user!)
- I saw several duplicate profiles with the same pics and similar usernames, just slightly changed.
- Most people don't use their real names.
- A good amount of users had pics despite the lack of privacy.
- I had my email verified before signing up.
- Moderators review and approve each profile pic (yet dupe pics still manage to pass by!?)
- Able to report spam profiles.
- The users I spoke with seemed legit (not scammers or bots).
The other thing I noticed (for better or for worse) is they keep a log of
all your data. Which means I could see everything from message timestamps, to login timestamps, etc. This can lend to the legitimacy angle, because if something goes wrong with another user, they should be able to have a data trail for it.
But also, not loving the lack of privacy once again…
The tl;dr on MatchBDSM
My first impression is that I've received a lot of messages, got really fast responses, and had some great convos. Even though there's not many features, it's the most people and fun convos that I've ever had on a site in a long time.
Before I get distracted by the next hottie, here are the quickies you need to know:
- Outdated layout but in a sexy, gritty kind of way?
- NSFW-loaded with naughty pics, but it makes sense given the nature of the site.
- More for a casual hookup or fling instead of a long-term relationship.
How to delete MatchBDSM account:
I searched and searched for a way to do this, but it looks like you need to go to the footer, click “contact us” then for the reason, click “Account Deletion.” I couldn’t find it anywhere in the settings tho!
Can I deactivate my MatchBDSM account?
Deactivating is easy peasy! To start, click on settings at the top of the page, then look to the left where the gray menu is, and click on "deactivate account". Then choose the reason why you are deactivating your account and add in any extra info. Then click on "deactivate account".
What's an icebreaker?
An icebreaker is pretty much what it sounds like - a chance to say something sexy, funny, witty, etc. that stands out to users. Even though my icebreaker was sent out to several people, only about 5 replied to mine (and I thought mine was pretty good! 🤷🏻).
Is there a MatchBDSM free trial:
No, there isn't a free trial available. You can purchase a 5 day trial for $0.80 a day. Just keep in mind, that if you don't cancel your subscription before the 5 days are up, then it will auto renew, and that cute lil trial you thought you were getting, now turns into a monthly subscription.
Can I keep my MatchBDSM profile from showing up on the main feed?
Yessss! I found this lurking in the settings. If you go to “settings” then “visibility and content” you’ll be able to adjust these options! You can prevent your profile from showing up on the main feed, RapidMatch results, or activate Invisible Mode.
Can I match with people or do I have to search for them on MatchBDSM?
RapidMatch has got you covered, babe. This’ll put hotties on a platter right in front of you so you can connect if you like them.
Is there a MatchBDSM app to use?
No bbs, I'm sorry, there isn't. BUTTT there is a mobile version of Matchbdsm.com that I was able to use without a prob!
What is the signup process like for MatchBDSM?
This signup process was over faster than I could crack my whip! It gave me what I needed, which was some quick and easy satisfaction in a short amount of time.
The first step for the sign up process was filling out the fields on MatchBDSM.com which consisted of:
- I am a (man, woman, or couple).
- Who I'm looking for (man, woman, couple).
- User name
- Email address
Before I see the main feed, a pop up appears for me to add some additional info. First, I type in my name.
I choose my besssst pic to upload, or if I can't find one that I'm happy with right now, I can do this part later.
After I choose my pic, I answer a few qs about myself such as my height, ethnicity, and body type.
I create a catchy headline before I move on to THE. LAST. STEP!!! BTW, creating a catchy headline with 40 characters or less isn't that easy (it's even less than a tweet on X!)
Now I get to describe myself with more than 40 characters (phew!) so I can elaborate on my headline.
Just like that and I'm done with the registration process! Don’t be fooled though because once you’re in, there’s
of other stuff that can be customized on your profile.
Before I can access the main feed though, I'm shown some discounted options, including a 5 day trial. There was no way for me to get out of that page by the way, except for hitting the back button, which is what I did.
In just a few simple steps, I'm done with registering and get to see my first glimpse at what the main feed looks like…and it's…interesting. I expected a lot of black, gray, and red, but it's a confusing mix of gray, white, maroonish-red, and a pale yellow.
See that "BONUS!"?? Since I completed all the steps, I can have free messages with anyone I want! Oh and this goes w/o saying, but def a NSFW site!
As I'm checking out the payment tiers, I get a pop up to create a one time icebreaker. I can choose the distance of people that I send it to, and can even send it to all new matches who join. This qualifies me for one free premium membership while reaching out to a bunch of people at the same time!
I wrote a quick icebreaker, and clicked on "introduce yourself" to see…OMG it worked! An icebreaker in exchange for FREE premium membership!
Search capabilities for MatchBDSM
As you can see, there are PLENTY of search filters.
Searching for different users is pretty easy on MatchBDSM - just click on "search" to get started. Then I do a quick search where I fill out:
I am/we are a:
- Man seeking a couple
- Man seeking a man
- Man seeking a woman
- Woman seeking a couple
- Woman seeking a man
- Woman seeking a woman
- Couple seeking a couple
- Couple seeking a man
- Couple seeking a woman
- Within the country or not
- Photo or not
*Bonus - I was able to save searches! Since I received a premium membership from filling out an icebreaker, I had access to advanced search filters including:
- Living arrangements
- Have kids
- Want kids
- Housing situation
I gotta say, I love the different filters and how they were your not so average search options that I usually see.
What are the MatchBDSM profiles like??
Remember a million years ago in this review I mentioned there’s more to update in your profile since registration was so eaaaaasy? I wasn’t lying!! I can add info about,
- My basic info.
- Appearance & situation: This had questions about what I looked like (the usual stuff) my marital situation, whether or not I have/want kids, my best feature (yes, feet is an option!!) whether or not I have piercings/tattoos, what kind of pets I have and whether or not I’m willing to relocate.
- Status: This asks me about what I do, education level, employment status, specialty in my job, job title, how much I make in a year (what is this, a sugar dating site?!) who I live with, how loud or quiet my home is, whether or not I smoke or drink.
- Personality: Oh boyyy this has SO MUCH to fill out. I can’t add it all here, but it has everything from social behavior, to a million interests to choose from (all PG!), what my idea of a great time is, what my friends describe me as, what my ideal first date would be, and what I always wanted to try.
- Views: This asks me about religion, whether or not I attend services, political views, goals, and what my kind of humor is. (I loved that they had “campy” in here as an option… along with sadistic?!)
- Taste: This asks all about books, movies and music preferences.
- Looking for: And last, what I’m looking for in a match. It asks me what I find attractive, a text box to describe what I’m looking for, and options for what kind of relationship I’m seeking.
Here’s an image of someone else’s profile on here (info blurred out obvi). He filled out
so I couldn’t fit it all in one pics though:
If you look underneath the photo, you can see the “To contact this user you must be…” age requirement!
Is MatchBDSM free?
MatchBDSM is free to use, and if you fill out an icebreaker, you get a FREE premium subscription! What's not to love?!
Free vs. premium membership for MatchBDSM
I dunno about you, but whenever I try out a new dating site, I'm always weary about throwing money at it first. Most dating site subscriptions automatically renew, and my ability to remember to deactivate my account before it renews is slim to none. The good news is that since I'm writing this MatchBDSM review, you get to find out the deets before any money leaves your (digital) wallet!
MatchBDSM free features
Everyone loves FREE and MatchBDSM delivers the goods! Here's what I was able to do just by signing up:
- Search for users in my area.
- See who's online now.
- Add and view my fave users.
- Block users.
- Send an icebreaker to all new matches who join.
- RapidMatch: think like Tinder where you can pass or like on someone's pic. Once you like someone, they will be notified and have the option to reach out to you.
- Watch webcams (tbh, this
be a premium feature because I only checked it out after I got the free upgrade and couldn’t find any FAQ about it!)
Premium membership for MatchBDSM.com
Like I mentioned above in the sign up process, I was able to get a premium membership for free just by creating an icebreaker, so I highly suggest you do the same! With the premium membership, I was able to:
- Use the IM chat.
- Send/receive messages.
- Look at every user's pics.
- Become invisible.
- Access customer support 24/7.
The premium subscriptions come in 3 tiers:
$14.99/month, billed at $44.97.
5 day trial:
$1/per day, or $5 for the trial (unless you forget to cancel your membership!).
What sets MatchBDSM apart?
Even though I felt like the MatchBDSM dating site could use a few more features to help them stand out in a sea of dating sites and apps, (speaking of apps, a MatchBDSM app would be a great start!) there were still quite a few things that set MatchBDSM apart from the rest.
Here's what they were:
Icebreaker: this feature lets you come up with something witty to say to help get more users to your profile (did I mention that it unlocked the premium membership for me?). At first, I only received a handful of responses, but by the time I was done writing my MatchBDSM review, I had quite a few! It was a fun way to talk to people.
a Tinder type of game where you look at pics of users and click on like or pass. My profile is listed in RapidMatch, and I get a notification each time someone likes me.
If I feel like being a lil private, I can check others out without them knowing I'm online - helpful since there is an "online now" feature so others know when I'm on the prowl.
Free premium membership:
I mean, send out an icebreaker for the freebie premium membership!? No other dating sites I’ve checked out had something like this! I’d say this helped it stand apart.
Pros and cons of Match BDSM
With most dating sites, there's a sweet side and a naughty one, and Match BDSM def showed both. If you're on the fence about the MatchBDSM dating site, then hopefully what I liked and didn't can help you make a decision.
What I liked about MatchBDSM
Tbh, I kind of liked how minimal the MatchBDSM dating site was (hear me out on this) cuz it kinda mimicked that type of spicy relationship: raw, unassuming, no frills, nothing fancy…Here's what else I liked about MatchBDSM:
- Broad database with A LOT of users who seem to be online often.
- Can send a private pic when sending a message to someone.
- The ability to see who my matches were and who liked me from the RapidMatch.
- Getting a freebie premium membership!
- A lot of profile info that wasn’t just x-rated like some other BDSM sites. These actually let me get to know people!
- I was able to connect with people quickly and find potential matches.
What I didn’t like as much about MatchBDSM
Now, I didn't mind the outdated layout, but I know others might. Here are a few other things people may not love:
- I saw a few (!!) duplicate profiles.
- Automatic subscription renewal - even for the 5 day trial.
- A lot of the "messages" I received were from RapidMatch letting me know that someone was into my pic, so a lot of false alarms thinking I was getting actual messages!
So, final thoughts for my MatchBDSM Review?
MatchBDSM pleasantly surprised me with this one. I was being a judgey B and mentally wrote this site off due to the lack of features at first. However, the premium membership really made it worth my while since I could view and answer emails and chats.
Not sure if the icebreaker/premium membership promo is permanent, but if not, it should be!
Also, MatchBDSM may want to consider adding some spicy features like an erotic blog, webcam, naughty chatroom, etc. Till' then, I'm going to keep exploring my inner baddie and chatting with some of the hotties I got connected with!