What is AgeMatch and who is it for?
Founded in 2001, AgeMatch.com is considered the OG when it comes to age gap/sugar dating sites. This specific niche focuses more on wealthy older women dating energetic younger men, and financially successful older men dating vibrant younger women.
I did find it interesting that this was one of the only sugar dating sites that referred to the sugar daddys as“seniors” so they def focus on the age gap more on this dating site.
Another thing I find interesting (or I guess, unusual) is there does seem to be a focus on sugar mommas, but when you sign up, you're not able to choose that?? If you're a sugar momma, it looks like there isn't a way to sign up yet.
AgeMatch.com is for,
- Those looking to explore a sugar dating relationship, which means you may not be the only one the sugar daddy/mama is with.
- Those who are comfortable getting spoiled (in whatever way you're looking for!) in exchange for your time or sometimes intimacy.
- Those who aren't looking for conventional dating and interested in being with someone more experienced or adventurous.
- And on the flip side, for those who are established in work/life and looking to have a younger companion along for the ride.
This likely isn't the site for you if you're looking for a long-term, monogamous relationship or someone close to your age!
How does AgeMatch.com work?
AgeMatch works like a lot of other dating sites. Once you get signed up, you can search for potential matches, use something called“Flame” to see who the algo gods think are a good match for you, send not-so-subtle winks, create private photo albums to share with others (kinda like SugarDaddyForMe!), and chat (just not with the free account).
There is also a social media vibe to it, where users can post up photos and status updates but that wasn't really my thing.
Is AgeMatch Legit?
Considering AgeMatch is one of THE first sugar dating sites, I would say that AgeMatch is legit. Even though there appeared to be some fake profiles/messages on there, they seem to do a good job for the most part of verifying information and removing accounts that don't appear real.
Oh and did I mention that its sister site is the uber successful SugarDaddyMeet? As if I couldn't be convinced, I had some convos with sugar daddies and the consensus is that, yes, AgeMatch is legit.
The tl;dr on AgeMatch
With all of the sugar daddy dating sites out there, who has time to read through an entire AgeMatch review? In case that person is NOT you, I've come up with a list that's short n' sweet so you can move on to the good stuff - you can thank me later 😘!
- It is a sister site to SugarDaddyMeet.
- Focuses on the niche of age gaps.
- Minimal and clean layout for easy navigating.
- Has free features that can be used if you don't want to pay for an account.
How to delete AgeMatch account: Deleting your AgeMatch account is easy! Just click on the gear "Settings" icon and pick "Membership Settings". Then click on "delete account" and follow the steps to finish deleting your account.
Can I reactivate my AgeMatch account?: Accidentally deleted your account? AgeMatch has your back for up to TWO years!! It's also good to know how long they hold your info for. If you want to reactivate your account within the two-year limit, just send an email to customer service letting them know you'd like to reactivate your account. If you don't message customer service within two years, then your account will be permanently deleted. Also, your profile will have to be re-verified FYI.
Can I hide my AgeMatch.com profile?: Yep! If you wanna ghost for a bit, this can also be found in the settings section of your account.
How to unhide members I've hidden: If you hid someone and are now having regrets (been there, done that!), don't worry, you can unhide them! Tap on "Settings" underneath your profile icon in the upper right hand corner. Click on "Hidden" which will be on the left of the "Settings" page. From there, you will be able to find every user you've hidden.
Does AgeMatch have profile verification?: Yes!! There are two ways to verify: by uploading a video or your ID.
Is there an AgeMatch mobile app avail to use??
🥁 Drum roll please… yessss - well, sort of! This is one of the only sugar dating sites I've seen that has an app in addition to the desktop and mobile version of Agematch.com. The only issue is that there is only an app at Google Play for Android users (us iPhone users will just have to suck it up 😪!)
What's the AgeMatch sign up process like?
The Age Match sign up process is pretty quick and easy. I enjoyed the entertaining questions, and was able to finish registering before I got bored.
I choose whether I'm a sugar baby or sugar daddy, and who I'm looking for. Sugar babies can look for other sugar babies, and same thing the sugar daddies. No option for a sugar momma…yet!
Next, I come up with a password, and enter my location and age.
Now I come up with a cute and clever username that'll hopefully attract the sugar daddies! My username can only use letters, numbers, and underscores.
5.The standard height question, in the form of a cute lil' ruler.
There's a decent amount of ethnic options to choose from which is great from a diversity standpoint! Not something you see often with super niche dating sites.
Next up, I could choose my relationship status ranging from extremely single, to never married, to widowed, to in a relationship.
In case it's not obvi enough, let me just state for the people in the back that I am CLEARLY single!!!!
I choose a witty headline to attract more sugar, realizing that it is going to show at the top of my profile as well as search results.
I get to write a quick bio about myself…no time to be modest here!
Now I get to put out into the sugar daddy-verse what I'm searching for! This is starting to look a lot like SugarDaddyMeet with the layout…
This is fairly unique in that most dating sites have you check off boxes for who you're looking for. This actually lets you write about them!
I choose a profile pic (and get 20x more views according to them!) and am on to the last step!
I was right - I'm done signing up AND SDM is AgeMatch's sister site! I also have a chance to sign up for a free membership to SugarDaddyMeet which is pretty awesome. Too bad I already signed up and am using it. 👀
Next up, I'm brought into the main feed where I can do a quick search, post a blog, play FLAME, and more.
What are AgeMatch profiles like?
The AgeMatch.com profiles have the usual suspects! Here's an example of a user profile:
The main part has public photos, a section for me to send messages to them, their age, location, moments (the social media updates type thing), along with their personal blog. There's also MORE that didn't fit in this screenshot!
Here's the rest of the profile info. You can get the full download on their languages, education, occupation, drinking/smoking, whether or not they have children, their pets, astro sign (my fave!) and more.
When it comes to MY profile, I can add the same information.
You'll notice the“Outfit” and“Private” sections. This is for private photos/videos that someone needs a password to access (AKA, you like them!) and I can upload my“outfits” to be included in their“Match or Not” game where people vote on my outfits!
I could also add all of the above information, much like you saw on the user profile I showed earlier.
Is AgeMatch free?
Yes, it is! But like most dating sites, the free version is very limited since AgeMatch is trying to draw you in with their premium subscription. Still, free is better than paying!
Free vs. premium subscription for AgeMatch dating site
Who wants to pay for something when they can get it for free? The question is though, could you be holding yourself back from having an awesome dating experience? I wanted to find out, so I tried both! I'll give you a lil' taste of what you get with each.
Free Age Match features
EVERYTHING is expensive nowadays, so it's nice when ya get something for free, amirite? Here's what I could do without separating from my beloved $$$:
- Send winks and likes.
- Add public & private pics.
- View, comment, and like other member's profiles, pics, and blogs.
- Chat in forums.
- Search via basic filters.
- Look at users' first date ideas.
- Use the Spark feature - more on this below!
I could also change a lot of privacy related settings! I could choose who my profile would show to, along with various options like hiding my last login, browsing profiles anonymously (which they don't recommend, but I personally love!!) and more.
If you've tried SugarDaddyMeet, you'll notice that the account settings and features are pretty much doppelgangers of it.
Premium subscription for AgeMatch
Sometimes, it's just worth it to take the plunge and splurge. Is AgeMatch one of those sites where you should throw caution to the wind and not look back?
Here's the type of membership packages you can purchase:
- One month for $29.95/month.
- Three months for $59.95.
- Six months for $95.95.
Let's take a deeper look at what you get when you go a lil bougie:
- All the features of free, obi.
- Advanced search filters.
- Check how quickly a user replies to messages.
- Hide others from search results.
- Make notes on profiles.
- Respond to users' first date ideas.
- Start chatting and messaging with others.
- Browse anonymously.
- Auto-reply feature.
What sets Age Match apart?
AgeMatch has added a few unique features to spice things up a bit. Some of them included:
- First date ideas: This is where members can post what their idea of a first date is without judgment. Users can also search for their idea of a perfect first date and have the option to form connections based on similarities.
- Safety tips and dating advice: Set up like an FAQ section, here is where you can find tips and advice on almost any dating situation you can think of.
- Spark: Recommendations based on your dating preferences and your profile. I was shown a bunch of different profiles that I could like or pass on.
- Match or Not: This is a community where people can post their latest 'fit, and other members can post suggestions on how to make it look better! This would be a great idea if I wasn't sure about my first date outfit and needed a second (or 263) opinion(s).
- Age gap: This is focused on a bigger age gap and marketed that way. So if you're looking for an older daddy (as a sugar babe) or a younger sugar baby (as a daddy) this is the place to be.
Pros and cons of AgeMatch dating site
Just like IRL, everything has its good and bad side - including dating sites! Luckily, I'm about to tell you what to look forward to and what to watch out for when it comes to AgeMatch.
Pros of dating with AgeMatch
AgeMatch brought a lot to the table, and there were many things that kept me interested. Here's a few things I really liked:
- One of the only sugar dating sites I've seen with a mobile app - yay!!
- Platform where older singles/sugar daddys can safely date.
- I enjoyed the features and thought they added to the site itself like reading people's“Moments” updates and blog posts.
- Much like SugarDaddyMeet, there was an auto reply feature so people didn't think I was ignoring them!!
- Pretty extensive privacy features which I loved. I could lurk in peace.
Cons of dating with AgeMatch
As the OG of sugar dating, there wasn't too much that I didn't like about AgeMatch. Butttt, if I had to pick, I'd say it was:
- Unable to start up a convo with someone as a free member.
- Site layout is lacking when compared to other dating sites.
- Limited communication features.
- It's pretty much identical to SugarDaddyMeet, so having both may be redundant. I wonder how many people are using both??
So, final thoughts for my AgeMatch Review?
As the original sugar daddy dating site, it's def worth checking out. If you don't mind an age gap like me, then this is perfect for meeting those that you might not meet IRL. If AgeMatch wants to step it up a little, then an app for iPhone users and an updated user interface should do the trick.
I was getting views immediately upon signing up, which is great! I also had messages from people proving they read my bio by asking me specific questions.
Either way, AgeMatch was a good fit for me!