What is Sugardaddy.com?
Sugardaddy.com is a site where financially wealthy and older men (a.k.a sugar daddies) can meet younger "sugar babies" who are looking for a lavish lifestyle with someone who shares the same interests. This site is sugar baby heavy, with the ladies making up about 70% of Sugar Daddy's user base - so women, make sure you stand out from the crowd! Most members are from Australia, Canada, the US, and the UK.
Is Sugardaddy.com legit to use?
When signing up for Sugardaddy.com using the mobile site, I noticed that you could see pictures of people that were popular on the site, but they were blurred out. I personally liked that they did this, as it provided a sense of "realness" to me.
The Sugardaddy.com app also verifies new accounts which helps keep scammers at bay, AND allows video verification and a “verified” tag for those who want to go the extra step.
My only advice is that they add an option to verify a sugar daddy's income level to make this site even more legit, so sugar babies aren’t wasting their time on there.
to find information on who owned Sugardaddy.com or how long it’s been around, but I was unable to find that information. 🤔That said, I looked at a lot of Sugardaddy.com reviews (both from review sites and “real people” experiences on Reddit) and didn’t see anything shady about connecting payment methods to the site, or any kind of fraudulent activity. FWIW, I didn’t run into anything that screamed illegitimate either.
The tl;dr on the Sugar Daddy app
Sugar Daddy left a good first impression on me: a quick and easy sign up, different options when it comes to gender, and a wide range of users to choose from. Here's what else caught my eye:
Browsing the site without being logged in: If you want a taste of what you can find on Sugardaddy.com, they make searches available (with blurred images) so you can see who is around your area.
How to be ranked high in the search results:
While access is free to sugar babies, they can still benefit (along with sugar daddies/mommas) from purchasing credit bundles to boost their popularity and search rank for a limited amount of time.
What are Sugardaddy.com member's blogs?:
if you're looking for some tips on sugar dating, then you might find the free member's blog to be super helpful. It's full of info like how to find a sugar relationship and how to maintain that relationship once you have one.
Is there a Sugardaddy.com trial?:
There isn’t because you can technically sign up for free and use the site! If you want to use some of the other features (like messaging members) you need a credit bundle though.
Are Sugar Daddy app profiles verified?
While they aren’t all “verified” in a way that someone is sending in an ID, profiles are said to be reviewed before being approved by the Sugar Daddy team. They do offer video verification for those who want to go the extra mile and prove they’re real, though it’s not required!
Can you hide a Sugardaddy.com profile?:
Yes!! If you go to “settings” and “hide my profile” you’ll be blocked from search results but still avail to members you’ve been chatting with!
How to delete Sugardaddy.com account:
Deleting your Sugar Daddy account is easy! Here's how to do it:
- Login to Sugar Daddy spp
- Click on "My Account"
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Delete Account" - done!
Is there a Sugar Daddy app?
Are you sitting down? If not, then you should be, cuz get ready to be shocked…NOPE!! That's right, there's no Sugardaddy.com app yet, BUTTTT I was able to access the mobile version of the site on my phone for on the go dating. Judging by their banner, it seems like an intentional choice to make a mobile optimized version rather than an actual Sugar Daddy app, so we might be waiting a loooong time.
What's the sign up process like for Sugardaddy.com?
Like I mentioned earlier, before I sign up, I can do a quick search right on the homepage. I love that they give me a blurry glimpse into my future! It makes the site feel more real to me, if that makes sense.
After checking that out, I went through the sign up process.
1. The first step to signing up is on the homepage itself, where I pick which type of sugar I am!
2. I'm taken to a sign up page where I literally feel like I've entered Internet heaven…check out how plain and pure this page looks!! Kinda funny considering Sugar Daddy is anything but plain and pure…(SERIOUSLY THO, can we get some color up in here?!)
On this screen, I add my email address, user name, PW, where I’m located, my age, body type, and ethnicity.
3. Time to drop some heavenly (HAHA) pics of me in - FYI it is required to upload 6 pics which IMO, is a lot. You can’t bypass this (trust me, I tried) so time to find your best, most flattering ones!
4. This is the fun part where I go into specifics about what I'm looking for from my potential sugar daddy.
5. Instead of reaching out to every sugar daddy (not that I mind!) I can create a one and done greeting that gets sent as a blast to everyone. It’s a bit impersonal, but also, it does the trick!
6. Gotta tempt the sugar daddies with something sweet… this is where I enter my tagline.
7. I'm basically being my own PR person here since I'm marketing the heck out of myself! Next up, I have to answer what makes me a good sugar baby.
8. In addition to the 6 pics I had to add to my profile, I'm also required to add 4 secret ones. Phew - this is a lot of pics!
9. I give Sugardaddy.com my # to keep my account secure.
10. After 9 easy steps, I'm dropped into the main feed and get my first look at all of the attractive sugar daddies!
The main feed is pretty clean without all the extra bells and whistles of some of the other dating sites I reviewed. I’m able to see who was recently active and who the newest members are.
able to see who is officially verified which is great for legitimacy, as well as who recently updated their profile and/or is online now.
What are Sugardaddy.com app profiles like?
The profiles allow you to add a bit more info than what you included during the sign up process.
On profiles (both your own, and others) there are questions you can choose to answer to get to know matches better, you can add interests (which is really interests, values, sports and more things you like!), and info about your lifestyle.
There’s also all the physical attributes (body type, hair color, etc), location, who you’re interested in, a greeting, and the bio info that was added when signing up!
On each profile you can also see “public” photos and videos, along with the “Secret Photos” (remember those?!) people have added.
What are the search capabilities on the Sugardaddy.com app?
There are different search filters I can use to help me save time - and my sanity! Here are some options of what you can search by:
- Body type
- Lifestyle preferences
Is Sugar Daddy free to use?
Similar to a sugar relationship IRL, the sugar daddies/mommas will need to pay to access the site using credits, whereas the sugar babies can use the site for free.
Free vs. paid memberships for Sugardaddy.com
Sugar Daddy lets the sugar babies explore the site for free, while the sugar daddies/mommas must pay to access certain features such as messaging. It might seem unfair, but it's actually giving a little taste of what sugar dating is like IRL - where the sugar babies get everything paid for in exchange for their companionship.
Sugardaddy.com app free features
Even though sugar daddies need to pay in order to access certain features such as messaging, there are a decent amount of features that can be used for free, including:
- Advanced search filters.
- Send kisses.
- Report spammers/scammers.
- Communicate with members who have the "full contact" package.
- View profiles and favorite them.
Sugardaddy.com app cost for credits & features
Unlike most dating sites, Sugar Daddy features credit bundles that can be purchased in lieu of a monthly subscription. The downside of this is that it can be more expensive than a subscription (depending on how much they use it!).
Here's what sugar daddies can do with some extra credit:
- Have your messages highlighted in the other member's inbox.
- Receive unlimited message storage.
- Get weekly emails with potential match suggestions.
- Message any sugar baby.
Here's the cost of credits:
- 100 credits for $59
- 500 credits for $169
- 1,000 credits for $289
What sets Sugar Daddy apart from the rest?
There are a few different things that caught my eye and made Sugar Daddy stand out from the other sites. Here's what they were:
Each profile gets manually reviewed by someone from Sugar Daddy's support team to ensure their guidelines are being followed.
Video verification: There’s the option to get verified via video AND a tag that will go on profiles so you know who is legit and who isn’t.
access your match's secret pics and videos once they grant you permission. Credits can be used to unlock anything they share with you that you aren't able to see.
SO MANY gender options! (At least when it comes to this type of site) This is the most inclusive I have seen a "sugar" site be.
Education: They have a pretty stellar blog around dating in general, and sugar dating, to help people learn etiquette and what to do / not do.
Pros and cons of the Sugardaddy.com dating site
I'm new to the whole concept of finding a sugar daddy, but this site has a few pros and cons similar to the other few sites I've checked out so far. While everyone's definition of pros and cons differ, checking out the Sugardaddy.com free trial first is a great way to weigh your own likes and dislikes.
What I liked about Sugardaddy.com
While I was looking for some sugar, I saw a lot to like about Sugardaddy.com, such as:
- Secure site that verifies profiles and blurs pics of "popular members" when first signing up.
- Provides a large database for plenty of options.
- Since it's a niche site, Sugar Daddy clears up any confusion on what the site is for so there is no judgment or unrealistic expectations.
- I liked how it stored my “view history” so I could check back on any late night perusing I may have been doing.
What was meh about Sugardaddy.com
With every good, comes the bad, and Sugar Daddy is no different. Here's a few bummers when it comes to using the site:
- There is no mobile app, so I can’t get notifications on the go.
- Requires TEN pics to register which is def the most I’ve seen.
- Not free for males - they have to pay using a credit system which can be expensive (and also easy to buy a ton of without realizing how much you’re spending!!)
- There weren’t very many unique features compared to other sugar dating sites.
So, final thoughts for my Sugardaddy.com review?
I really enjoyed the layout, members, and how quick it was to sign up to SugarDaddy.com. I actually didn’t get a lot of interactions or messages at first, which was kind of weird considering I would get hit with a TON of them on other dating sites.
I guess this could speak to their verification process for weeding out spam/fake profiles? Or maybe my profile wasn’t enticing enough, idk. I’m still trying though!
What I wasn't a fan of was the amount of pics needed to register to the site, but I do understand it's for safety reasons. All in all, I definitely got my sugar fix here at Sugar Daddy and plan to keep trying it out!