What is EliteSingles?
🎯EliteSingles focuses on being a dating site for well educated, successful
people who are looking for love.
EliteSingles was originally launched in Canada, the UK, and Australia in 2013
before hitting the U.S. dating scene in 2015, so it’s def been around the block
and stood up to the test of time. It allegedly has 1,200 success stories and
12.5 million global users checking out their site, which is pretty expansive
compared to some of the more niche sites.
Spark Networks, the world wide dating company that owns Jdate, SilverSingles,
and Zoosk, also owns EliteSingles.
Who is EliteSingles.com for?
EliteSingles is targeted towards mature, successful and professional singles!
This doesn’t mean you have to be the crème de la crème to be on the site (hi!
I’m there 👋) but you would find this dating site more beneficial if you fit who
they’re looking for.
Who is EliteSingles best for:
✔️Mature, successful, professional singles.
✔️Singles seeking a long term relationship rather than a quick hook up.
✔️Men and women 30+ (there are younger, but this is the typical range)
✔️Singles looking for same sex, or other sex, partners.
✔️Singles that want personality & traits taken into account when being matched
Who EliteSingles is not for:
✖️Couples looking for other couples.
✖️Singles looking for quick flings.
✖️Singles younger than 30 (you may find matches, but ideally 30+)
✖️Singles with average, or below average, education.
Unlike some of the wealthy dating sites where income was specified, what
classifies someone as “successful, professional and mature” is a bit nebulous!
How does Elite Singles work?
Using the EliteSingles dating app is easy and has four different layers to it.
First, you will need to sign up online and create a profile. Once you're done
registering, you'll take a personality test that consists of 84 questions (phew,
that's a lot!) to assess five main categories:
If you're still awake after taking the personality test, (LOL) then it's time to
finish filling out your profile and set your preferences on things like
drinking, smoking, kids, etc. This is also where you upload pics of yourself and
you can fill out prompts to give people more of a glimpse of who you are.
When you're done completing your profile, it's time to get those matches baby!!
You'll receive match suggestions based on your personality test right after you
finish the test, and then after that you will be sent 3-7 matches daily that are
tailored to your test results. You're unable to see your matches' pics or
message them unless you upgrade to a Premium account, but you can send a "like"
or a "smile.”
There’s also a section for “Have You Met?” which pulls in matches that were
thiiiiiis 🤏🏼close to being a match, but something missed the mark. You can
explore those when they come in to see if you’re interested.
Overall, it’s pretty straightforward to use and match with others!
Is Elite Singles legit?
Sure is! I touched on this a bit before, but EliteSingles is part of Spark
Networks, a reputable dating app company that owns several successful dating
apps around the world. Aside from their reputation, EliteSingles also filters
out inactive users to help eliminate the guessing game, and also has SSL
encryption and fraud detection systems for a more secure user experience.
As far as the users on the site, I did get matched with people who had
professions that required a certain level of education and likely pay well, like
Financial Advisor. After browsing for quite some time, I did notice a few that
maybe weren’t as high paying but still required a level of education and
success, so overall it felt legit from a member standpoint too.
📝The TL;DR on the EliteSingles app
I was really excited to check out EliteSingles because I've heard so much about
it! I've reviewed quite a few dating apps, and living in NYC, I've had my fair
share of dating adventures. Here's what you should know about EliteSingles
- You’ll complete a 15-min personality test to match with other members.
- Compatibility rating and your compatible matches are shown only when using
the desktop version. Sorry app lovers!
- The minimum search radius is 50 miles, so expect to do some traveling!
- “Have You Met?” lets you see matches that aren’t 100% perfect, but very
close to it.
- There’s a free (Basic) and Premium membership avail.
- There doesn’t appear to be “verified” profiles or badges.
There were a few questions I had while working on my EliteSingles review that
are worth sharing, so let’s get into them!
How to delete EliteSingles account: Click on the menu bar and
go to "My Account.” From there, click on "Delete My Account". Hit the deletion
link, choose a reason, enter your password and choose "Confirm.” Easy peasy!
How can I message other users?: Well, you can't…unless you
upgrade to EliteSingles' Premium account.
How can I tell if someone is actively using EliteSingles?: You
can tell if someone is active on EliteSingles if you see a green circle. A green
circle means that the user was using the app within the past 24 hours.
Is there income or job verification to join EliteSingles?:
Nope, no verification unfortunately (or… fortunately? Not sure how I feel about
Who owns EliteSingles?: It’s owned by Spark Networks.
Is EliteSingles free to use?: Yes! There’s a Basic account, but
if you really want to connect, you’ll have to use the Premium account.
Is there an Elite Singles app to use?
📲iOS and Android.
Yes it does!! The app is easy to use - just make sure your phone is charged
because you'll have to answer almost 90 questions! You can download the
EliteSingles dating app through Google Play or the iOS App Store.
What’s the EliteSingles sign up process like?
🐢Signing up takes a while! 5-10 minutes.
SPOILER ALERT: Crack open a beverage of your choice and sit somewhere
comfy because you have 84 questions to answer for the personality test ALONE.
The personality test makes the sign up process very long…
1. The first step of the sign up process is choosing my gender and who I'm
interested in - I can't choose both men and women! I’m limited to one. Then I
enter my email address and carry on.
2. EliteSingles gives me a welcome message letting me know that they're going to
collect some info about me in order to provide relevant info and services to
make their app better. I read it and click continue.
2. I'm getting a lil’ deja vu here - I have to confirm my gender again!
4. Now I confirm the gender of my potential match (again) but I can only choose
one gender, male or female.
5. Next, I add my marital status. I can choose everything from ‘I have never
been married” to “I am a widow” – I choose one and I’m as SINGLE as they come!!
6. The Elite Singles app throws in its favorite question: Level of Education.
The lowest level is no education at all, and the highest is Doctorate.
(Besides for this question, there is no official verification process for
education. That may or may not be OK with you.)
7. Now I choose the level of importance of how much education means to me in a
partner… everything from “Less Important” to “Extremely Important.”
This is the first in a series of questions, so hope you’re cozy!!
8. I choose my height, which can't be changed later! Also, I’m loving
the name "Customer Success" instead of “Customer Service”!!! Yassss.
9. Is it important that someone is as tall as me or not so much? The importance
factor ranges from "Not Important" to "Extremely Important.” Note the lil’ bar
up top that tells me how far I still have to go!
10. This is a cool question - I get to choose the pic I identify the most with.
11. Now I choose which pic I'm most attracted to.
12. Next up, which ethnic group do I belong to? I can only choose one unless I
want to choose "Other.”
13. Interestingly enough, I can select more than one ethnic preference, but I
can only “identify” as one. I can also choose "I don't mind.”
14. For the next one, EliteSingles wants to know how satisfied I am with my
appearance. These questions have my attention because they're so interesting and
I ALMOST forget that there's a ton of questions left, but I'm going to stop here
so I don't bore you all. Plus, it's a fun surprise to see what the next question
I’ll share this screenshot so you can feel just as good as I did filling this
Once I got through all the “choose an answer” type questions, there were a few
more where I could type in an answer myself like,
- Retrospectively, what three things are you most thankful for?
- What my partner should know about me.
- In a relationship I am looking for.
- Which four terms would your friends use to describe you? (For this one, I
chose from a ton of different options.)
If you don’t want to answer all of these right now, don’t worry! You can always
go to your profile after and spend more time on them.
It then gave me the option to add a profile pic (they don’t require one to sign
up and start using the app) and get dropped onto the main feed!
EliteSingles.com main feed
The main feed is beautifully simple and clean! It has a little greeting for me,
and lets me:
- View my matches.
- See my “Have you met?” options.
- Check my messages.
- A dropdown menu for my profile, account settings, etc.
And… that’s it! It’s probably one of the emptiest main feeds I’ve come across,
but I felt the simplicity was nice.
What are the Elite Singles profiles like?
EliteSingles profiles are simple but full of information. The profiles are clean
with a white background and lists info such as:
- Whether or not they smoke.
- Their level of education.
- Which language(s) they speak.
- Brief description of themselves.
- What they're grateful for (love this!!!).
- Your compatibility level (we were an 82 🏹)
On each profile, you can…
- “Like” answers or leave comments on them (only for Premium members,
- Send a “Smile.”
- Send a message.
- Add to favorites.
- Report a match.
- Delete a match.
On your own profile, you have a plethora of questions to update or answer, all
of which will help the algo gods when it comes to matching you with hotties you
may be interested in.
What are the search features for EliteSingles?
I realized this after reading some EliteSingles reviews, but this might be new
to you. The Elite Singles dating app is unique because you cannot
search for other users on their site, and have to trust their algo
The personality test you took during the signup process and the preferences you
chose are taken into account during the matching process. Here’s a screenshot of
the match preferences you can adjust (I’m not pulling a screenshot for each
question, but the sidebar lets you see what you can adjust!)
Elite Singles chooses quality over quantity, which is why you won't see a long
list of profiles to look through!
Elite Singles matches
If you click on “Matches” you’ll be able to see who the Elite Singles app thinks
is perf for you:
From here, you can…
- View profiles.
- Smile at them.
- Send them a message.
- See your compatibility score.
- Filter by “New” “With Photos” or “Favorites”
- Click to adjust your matching settings.
Elite Singles “Have you met?” feature
As I mentioned earlier in my Elite Singles review, there’s a cool feature called
“Have you met” which I haven’t seen on other dating sites!
This works by showing you matches that were almost perfect, but missed
out on being chosen by the algorithm for you under “Matches.” IMO, this is where
most of the fun happens because the people who are 100% perfect for you on
paper, may not be as interesting as those who have different traits or
experiences than you to share!
On each potential match, you can:
- View their profile. (Premium only!)
- Send them a message. (Premium only!)
- Hit the “x” if you’re not interested.
- Smile at them.
Is Elite Singles free to use?
✅Yes! There’s a free account available.
Dating isn't always easy or cheap, so it's hard not to pass up a FREE offer. If
you want to use this app without paying, you can… but it’s extremely limited.
You can't send messages or even look at pics.
Free vs. paid subscriptions for Elite Singles
If you're offered something for free and then you're offered a similar product
at a cost, which one are you going for? Well, before you make that decision you
may want to finish reading the rest of my EliteSingles review because free
doesn't always mean the best.
Features for the Elite Singles free (Basic) account
EliteSingles.com offers a free version, but it’s very limited. Here's what I was
able to do for nothing at all:
- Create a profile.
- Upload pics.
- Send smiles and likes.
- Update your match settings.
- View my personality test results.
- Get match suggestions.
- Get “Have you met” suggestions.
- Add favorites.
And that’s about it! To do all the juicy stuff (like, you know, send messages
and view pics) you’re going to have to upgrade to the Premium Elite Singles
Premium membership for EliteSingles
💰Membership cost ranges from $19.95/month to $37.95/month.
Originally, there are three different premium membership tiers to choose from –
Light, Classic, and Comfort – which all have different features available. It
seems they’ve moved to a model where you get a discounted price the longer you
sign up for, and all levels get the same features.
Here is the pricing breakdown for the Elite Singles Premium membership:
- $37.95/month for one month.
- $21.95/month for 6 months – I had a 21% discount ($123.95 up front.)
- $19.95/month for 12 months ($260.65 up front.)
As far as features, here’s what you get for the Premium membership:
- Unlimited chat/messages. Woo.
- View all member profiles (which is a must, if we’re being honest.)
- Deeper insight into your personality profile results.
- See which members have viewed your profile (“Visitors”).
- Get read receipts for messages.
- Up to 20 extra wildcard matches per day.
- The ability to message the “Have you met?” suggestions.
What sets Elite Singles apart?
After spending a few weeks on the Elite Singles app, here’s what I felt set it
- Personality test results! I’ve seen extensive NSFW ones on fetish/BDSM
dating sites, but these were unique (and fun!) questions about all aspects of a
user’s personality, which I appreciated.
- Flirt by sending smiles and likes to other users.
- There is a "Have you met?" feature that shows you up to 20 additional "Wild
Card" match suggestions each day based on your profile algo!
- It has a pretty clean and intuitive interface, and you don’t run into ads
- Extensive match settings to fine tune who they match you with. The match
settings are also clutter free and easy to use.
- Compatibility rating on each profile.
Pros and cons of EliteSingles.com
Dating apps have their pros and cons, and it's helpful to know what they are
when making a decision. I don't know about you, but if I'm spending my money I
like to know that it's being well spent! It's hard for me to know that without
weighing the options, so I did the work for you of figuring out the good and bad
👍 What I liked about Elite Singles
It was surprisingly refreshing to be on a modern dating app like EliteSingles.
Here's what else I liked about it:
- EliteSingles claims that 85% of their users have an education that is "above
average.” While there’s no way to verify that, it makes the chances of dating
someone with higher education stronger!
- There didn’t appear to be as many fake profiles as other dating sites.
- Since most people pay to use EliteSingles, they are mostly serious daters
looking for a relationship.
- Their “match” and “have you met?” features made it less overwhelming to use,
and more fun. I loved logging in and seeing who they picked for me!
- The matching algo worked really well. From the profiles I saw, I was pretty
😐 What I didn’t like about Elite Singles
There were a few misses with EliteSingles - ya can't win 'em all! Here's where
EliteSingles fell a little short:
- Can only see limited info on a person's profile with the free membership.
- Unable to see profile pics with the free version.
- Basic members can't send messages.
- A bit more expensive than most dating apps considering how little features
- The mobile app didn’t display compatibility ratings – you can only see this
- No free trial to try the Premium version.
- There was no profile verification badge available.
- There’s also no way to verify income or education levels, making it feel
like a free for all dating site.
So, is EliteSingles worth paying for?
EliteSingles is a fun and sexy app that is definitely worth a try. If you're
looking not to spend any cash though and just coast on a free dating app, then
this definitely isn't the app for you. The free version is extremely limited,
and with an app name like EliteSingles, you’re going to want to spend some time
getting to know your potential matches.
While I said the pricing was a bit more on the expensive side compared to other
sites like Match.com, for
example, especially considering it has minimal features, the users seemed to
take the site seriously and I didn’t run into many spammy or obviously fake
profiles. The price is worth it to know they’re removing inactive profiles and
keeping their membership base as legit as possible.
This site is all about quality vs. quantity, and I can totally appreciate that.
Is Elite Singles worth it? It’s a win in my book and def worth trying out.